Chapter 17: Idea

TW: Still Captivity, Cussing

*****************************

"Show off...", George mumbled as the siren continued rolling in his tank. He had been watching the other for a while now without him noticing. How could he look so good while exercising?! That should be illegal. I guess I know now why humans are so easily attracted by them, George thought. But it's still not fair.

The siren smiled as he noticed George's stare. A hint of red coloured his face, but that was probably just the sunlight. George's cheeks heated immediatly and he turned around, pretending to be very interested in a stick, which was everything left from his meal.

Even though he had eaten it all and it wasn't in the water anymore, the water quality was still getting lower every day and it was slowly starting to get hard to breathe. George had tried contacting a human, but they were just too dumb to get it. And that damn handsome siren was really getting on his nerves!

When he saw the other doing his rolls, it reminded a lot of his little sister Mary. She loved doing such little underwater stunts. He had always told her not to do it, because it annoyed him, but now he wished he could see her doing such stuff again.

He missed her a lot, just like he missed Skeppy, even though they didn't interact that much. And Henry, the butler.

To George's surprise, he even missed his father, even though George kinda blamed him for the fact that he was stuck here now, since he had escaped the castle just because of him. No, that's waleshit, George thought. It wasn't his fault. I wonder if he even cares that I'm gone... Nah, he's probably happy... The realization hit him harder than he thought.

A knock woke him up from his bad thoughts. The siren man knocked onto his glass. "You okay?", he mouthed. Should I answer him? He's still a siren... on the other hand, he seems nice and I don't really wanna spend the rest of this shit alone...

George sighed. "I'm fine", he mouthed back. "Just missing home..." He was surprised by how easily he just told that to a stranger. A siren! But something told him that this guy was trustworthy.

After a moment, the siren mouthed back: "Me too. Do you think we'll ever get out of here?" George looked at him, surprised. "Yes, of course." The siren didn't seem very convinced. "Why are you so sure?"

George thought about it for a moment. He looked over to the neighbor tank and suddenly the idea hit him.

"Because you are a siren."