Chapter 62: Colourblind

"Alright, everyone stay with the group!"

George huffed in annoyance. The tour had just started and it was already too much for him.

Everyone was talking about the bright colours and the strange shapes, but little did they know George couldn't really see any of them. He was colourblind, but that was a well kept secret only his family knew about. But it ruined his day, since the attraction wasn't as beautiful to him as it was to the others.

Dream seemed a little nervous, knowing he was planning to sneak off.

They started swimming through a sea of different creatures. The variety surprised George. Guess I should've paid more attention in class when we discussed coral reefs, he thought.

He had always known things like these were part of his country, but he had never actually realized it. A giant kingdom - and he was the prince. Although he wasn't the heir, these people and their land were still his responsibility. The realization hit George hard.

Of course he had learned in homeschooling how big and diverse his homecountry was, but seeing it on a map and actually experiencing it were two very different things.

Maybe I should suggest traveling through our kingdom to dad. I mean, none of these people recognized me as the prince. That problem would be solved if everyone had seen us, even just once. And Merville wasn't even the last city in their realm, it was rather in the middle.

But right now, George only wanted to go home and stay there for a long time. Everyday he missed the palace more. Back when he had still been there, he had always wanted to leave, feeling ignored and misunderstood, but now all he wanted was to be home again.

He had learned to cherish a lot of things he had taken for granted when suddenly everything he had was his bare life. And not even that was granted, he had fought to be able to keep it and he had even been sure he'd lose it a few times.

George sighed. Right now everything was going well, wasn't it? They'd reach the capital city in a week or something.

Although a lot of things could go wrong, and even if they didn't, there was a dark reason behind the free travel group he and Dream were accompanying. After all, there was a war happening, and maybe it was even George's fault for not being careful enough and getting kidnapped.

In the time it would take for him to get home, how many people would die because of his stupid mistake?