Chapter 21: Sunset

TW: Captivity, slight swearing?

************************************

Did he just fall asleep on me?! How the heck is he so heavy?! George carefully laid Dream down and facepalmed.

But I guess he trusts me... Do I trust him? George thought about it for a moment. Not fully yet... but probably eventually. Building trust takes time. He looked down at the siren. Atleast for me.

For a while, he just swam there and watched Dream sleep, while thinking about their conversation and his outburst earlier. "Neptune, what am I doing...", he mumbled. Then he turned around and swam over to the right back of the pool.

The sun was starting to set and George wanted to see it. He realized he had never actually been to the surface before. His father had always forbidden him to go and he only knew sunsets through stories he had overheard the maids at the castle telling eachother.

It was so much more beautiful than he thought. First the clouds turned pink on the bottom. Then the sky turned more and more orange and the first part of the sun disappeared. George couldn't remember that he had ever seen so many beautiful colours at the same time.

Suddenly, he could feel the warmth of someone else close to him. When he peeked over to the side, he looked directly in Dreams green eyes. George squeaked in surprise.

"How-how long have you been watching me?!", he yelled, his face heating up embaressingly. "I was watching the sunset", Dream responded in a calm voice, still looking at George.

His blonde hair shimmered golden and his face looked so handsome in the orange light of the setting sun... His green eyes were filled with warmth. They were swimming so close George could count the freckles on his cheeks and feel the movement of his tail.

"Can I...", Dream mumbled.

All of sudden, the sound of water splashing interrupted him. Both of them turned around and saw a human throwing food in the tank.

George turned to face Dream again. "Sorry, what were you gonna say?", he asked, his brain still trying to calculate everything that happened in the last few seconds.

"Nevermind..."