Chapter 109: Joining the Cause

The eyes of almost a hundred sirens were on Dream as he got up and swam to the front after Sapnap had announced there was something important everybody had to hear.

He cleared his throat and looked around. Seeing all the familiar faces, all his friends who had secretly been fighting by his side for so long made all the doubts he had vanish in the blink of an eye.

"As you all know", he began, "I've been trying to get more and more people on our side in the past few months. A few of you may also have noticed my ongoing absence at meetings. Until now nobody's asked me where I've been, but I want to tell you regardless.

Those of you who are a bit closer to me are aware of the fact that I work in the palace. While I've been there... I was able to speak to Prince Clay."

Loud gasps could be heard in the entire room and whispering errupted among the sirens as they tried to process their leader's words.

"And", Dream tried to return their attention to him, "I was able to convince him to join our cause."

Suddenly it was quiet enough for the sucking noises of Sapnap's pet octopus eating some slimy substance in the corner to be heard.

Then, the group started cheering and applauding like there was no tomorrow.

"That's my best friend! Whoo!", Sapnap shouted across the room and threw himself around Dream, pulling him into a tight hug. "Oh, I knew it! I knew you were a golden boy!"

Dream gently shoved him off. "I'm not done yet."

The rebel group became more quiet after his words, shooting him questioning looks. "What could be better news than that?", Sapnap asked confusedly.

His green-tailed friend took a deep breath. "He knows the second born prince of the mermaid kingdom. And he thinks he can convince him to help us."

If only he was still speaking to me...