Chapter 48: Silence and Pride

Hi I'm not dead :)

*****************************

"Geoooooorgeeeee... notice meeeeee..."

George huffed in annoyance. The sun had set a while ago, meaning Dream had been trying different methods to make him acknowledge him again for hours and it was really getting on George's nerves.

It wasn't like he didn't want to talk to Dream, in fact he enjoyed the sirens company a lot. But he would never break his silence, simply because of pride.

A while later, Dream fell quiet.

Looks like he finally gave up, George thought, but to his surprise he didn't feel proud like he would have expected. Actually... he kinda missed his stupid attempts at getting him to talk a little. Strange...

And Dream didn't seem happy at all, his head was hanging low and he seemed genuinely hurt. The silence between them suddenly felt suffocating.

George started considering talking to him again. The journey had felt like a fun little trip until this point, mainly because of Dream, he was a great companion. And... he sort of missed his peculiar smile, his weird voice and the way his eyes lit up when George just did something as simple as looking at him.

George was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't notice the big wooden beam until he hit his head. Annoyed, he looked up. What was something like this doing in the sea? Especially on hit-your-head-on-me-level?

Of course Dream had started wheezing the second George's head had hit the bar, but now he suddenly became very quiet.

George turned around to find the cause of his sudden silence and froze in place as his eyes started to adjust to the darkness and took in the full mass of the gigantic object in front of them.