Chapter 18: New tank

Information: A sunfish (picture) is 3.3 meters long. (I personally love sunfish, they look really funny!)

Picture isn't mine!

TW: Still captivity, slight swearing?

*****************************

The humans had started working on something, atleast that was what Dream concluded. At first, they were yelling a lot and rolling thin yellow snakes over the back part of the ship. Then they started rubbing a layer of gray stuff onto the ground.

Is this some kind of human cleaning technique?, Dream asked himself. The merman just shook his head at the actions, as if he thought: Now they really went insane. Well, sucks to be a human I guess.

The next day, Dream thought for a moment they went completly crazy now, carrying a big nothing. Until he realized it were more of these invisible walls. Are they trying to build themselves an invisible house? Why would that be useful to them? Or are they gonna fill it with water and try to live like us? No, wait, they can't breathe underwater, right?

He glanced over to the merman, who was just minding his own business and didn't really seem to care. Dream, on the other hand, was very excited to see what they were building.

They started putting the pieces together and put some white-ish stuff in between so it would stick together. The thing was atleast 3 sunfish long, about 2 sunfish wide and one sunfish high. Now it looked like... a big nothing with some thin lines in between? What the heck was that supposed to be for?

To Dreams surprise, they stopped working after putting it together. Is it finished? But it doesn't even have a roof yet! Do humans not need roofs for their houses? I thought they don't like getting wet? Or are these just a different kind with a higher level of stupidity?

On the next day, they started filling the thing up with water. Dream wondered where they got all that clear looking water from. The sea was definetly better coloured.

And then it happened. They pushed the mermans tank over. All the water ran out immediatly and the merman fell onto the deck of the ship, starting to gasp. All Dream could do was watch, horrified and worried for his new friend.

They picked him up. He didn't hesitate, he didn't fight. He just kept on gasping for oxygen. Dreams fingers started hurting. Until now, he didn't even notice how hard he was pressing them against the walls of his prison.

The humans threw his friend into the thing they had build and finally, Dream realized it was a tank, just way bigger. Wait, where's mine?

Suddenly, the humans came over to him and pushed his tank over aswell. When Dream fell onto the shipdeck, he didn't even have time to think, before they grabbed him and threw him to the merman aswell, who was now happily sucking in as much water as he could.

"Uhm... hi?" Dream mumbled akwardly, unsure of what do say or do. The merman turned to face him, he smiled. "Hi."