Chapter 12: Alone

TW: Panic, Captivity

*****************************

George was panicking. The siren had been gone for way too long. Thousands of things that could have happened to him ran in endless circles in his head. Tears were streaming down his face.

To his surprise, George had noticed he didn't worry about himself at all. He hadn't moved from his spot at the wall of his prison, still staring at the corner where the siren had disappeared.

Every human passing by got angry hisses from him and bangs against the wall. Most of them didn't care, which made George even agrier. Are we just toys to them?!

With every minute passing by, George felt helplesser. He knew he should actually be happy about the possible death of a siren, but he didn't care about that at all. The longer he thought about it, the more he realized the siren never tried to harm him, no, he actually tried to save George from getting caught. That got him thinking.

Everything he ever heard about sirens was that they were heartless monsters, that they would kill a merman when they only saw one. But this one... he seemed so different. More like the exact opposite. He did care, and he did have a heart and emotions. George could still see his terrified face infront of his inner eye as they carried him away.

What if I never see him again?! The possibility alone scared him so much more than he had imagined. The memory of the beautiful shade of green the sirens eyes and tail had made George's cheeks warm up a bit. Would he actually never be able to look into those eyes again?

And when he had pulled him away from the net... the space on the arm where the masked siren had grabbed him started to burn, and George could feel the strange want to be touched by him again. But would he ever be able to feel the others warm skin against his again?