Chapter 16: Special POV!

TW: Captivity

Herbivore means that one only eats plants and carnivore means that one only eats meat.

*****************************

"Fine, fine. You can build one. But if this goes wrong, you're fired!" The female leader of the scientist team turned around and left Chris standing there.

He internally celebrated, knowing that a) his plan wouldn't go wrong and b) she couldn't fire him, because he was the one who truly understood the anatomy of those fish-humans.

The poor creatures they had caught were living in two different tanks, which were way too small for them. His idea was to get them a tank where they could live together. The space left on the ship was limited, but he silently promised them to make it as big as he could.

Every day when Chris woke up, the first thing he did was look after the two male sea humans to see if they were still alive. He would never forgive himself if such beautiful creatures died under his watch.

Even though he knew they had to be so the humans could analyze them, he didn't really like the fact that they were imprisoned here. Which probably wouldn't change anymore until they died.

He didn't want to think of everything they had probably left behind. All he could do for them now was getting a bigger tank.

He brushed with his hand through his short red hair to calm himself down. It didn't work. Chris was the only one that actually seemed to care about their mental wellbeing!

Thinking of his interactions with them had already make him come to the conclusion that they were intellegent beings. During the green mermans narcosis, he had made a scan of his brain and noticed it was actually quite similar to a humans, meaning he probably had a corresponding IQ.

Chris had also found out during observing and drawing them countless times that even though they looked pretty similar, they seemed to be two different species, which was also supported by the fact that one seemed to be a herbivore, while the other one was a carnivore, yet they had a lot of similarities and were obviously able to communicate with one another. He couldn't wait to see them interact! How would they communicate? The thought alone got his scientist part very excited.

Chris turned around and walked away. He went to the front of the boat and leaned against the railing. His eye immediatly caught the big logo. "Hannoway's Seaworld", it said.

Mr. "Please, call me Günther" Hannoway was the owner of a big restaurant chain, which was specificially known for it's meals that included basicially anything from the sea. He had sponsored this expedition, which was supposed to find out if the myths about mermaids and that stuff were real. A great chance for marine biologists. The only reward he had wanted was for them to catch one for him.

God, how much Chris hated him! He didn't even say what he wanted them for. And in only a week, he would come to get them.

Chris send a worried glance over to the tanks. The green one, his favourite, was doing rolls in the water, it looked like playing. The other was watching him.

In that moment, Chris realized something. He wouldn't let that guy have them, whatever it would take.