Chapter 123: What is he going to say?

And just like that, the fateful day came. The day Dream and George were supposed to meet at the border of their kingdoms.

Dream hadn't gotten any sleep that night. When it was time to leave and head over to where they'd first met, he was a little hesitant. What would George say?

He had thought about it for a long time. Should he even go? What if George just felt guilty about having left him and just wanted to meet him to reject him in person? No, George wouldn't do that. Right...?

Coming to think about it, Dream barely even knew anything about him, although it felt like he knew everything about him at the same time. Sure, he was the second prince of the merfolk, but that was only his title. Dream didn't really know anything about his situation.

Then again, he had spent months travelling through the sea with him and probably knew his real personality, the one someone could only see in challenging circumstances, better than anyone. He knew who George really was deep down, that was what had even made him fall for him in the first place. And shouldn't that be enough?

But what if he was different at home? The roles one had to play here could make them seem so different, different from what they were really like, Dream had expierenced that himself more than enough.

What if it was that way with George? What if he felt like he had to leave Dream behind out of duty? Because loving a siren was probably equivalent to betraying his entire species? George had never cared about duties though...

Maybe Dream was just spiraling and George did want to be with him? But then why would he have left him?

Doubts over doubts were clouding the siren's mind as he was heading towards the destination of their fateful meeting.

This could only have two outcomes. Either destroy him in case he was to be rejected, because he knew he wouldn't be able to take that, the reason why he wasn't sure if he should even show up, or... make him the happiest siren in the whole ocean, in case George would say he wanted to be with him.

It didn't even have to be a romantic relationship, even them staying friends would be better than not speaki g to eachother at all, although Dream didn't think it was still possible to go back to that after the kiss.

In the end, he knew he would just have to wait and see what George wanted to say to him.