Chapter 103: Heaven and Hell

Dream was in heaven. Or atleast it felt that way. George kissed him. He actually kissed him!

If this is a dream I never want to wake up...

He closed his eyes and kissed him back, softly and carefully, not wanting to ruin the moment.

His grip on George's back grew stronger as the merman slowly wrapped his arms around his neck. Dream felt their tails intertwine and move as one.

With the moon as their only witness, two beings of different species connected in a way nobody had ought possible.

Like lovers.

After what felt like forever and yet such a short amount of time, George pulled away and took a deep breath. He touched his lips, mesmerized by what had just happened.

Dream smiled softly. He had been waiting for the perfect moment for so long and here it was. "Hey, George?", he asked quietly. "Yeah?"

"I... I really, really like you. And I want to be with you. Would you do me the honor of being mine?" George covered his mouth and

backed away in shock until his back hit the wall of the tunnel. "I..."

Suddenly, he swam past Dream at a high speed and disappeared in the city.

"Wait!", Dream called out and swam him. "George, wait for me!" But the merman didn't listen and soon, Dream had lost him in the maze of streets.

Tears started prickling in his eyes as his thoughts started spiraling.

What did I do wrong that he left me like that? Did he not like it?

What happened? Is this my fault? Did I read the signs wrong?

But he was the one who kissed me, right?

...Is this about what his father said? But regardless, if he really loves me, he wouldn't react like that, would he?

Just a few seconds ago he had been the happiest siren in the whole ocean and now his world had just crumbled into dust and vanished.

This is hell.