Chapter 125: I do

TW: Swearing

*****************************

"George?"

There he was, apparently thinking about something that upset him. Whenever that was the case, George's eyebrows would furrow and he'd start mumbling to himself while moving his arms around as if discussing something with someone invisible.

Dream couldn't hold back his chuckle. He was still adorable. His hair was the same shade of brown, the bullhead-brown, his eyes still blue and brown. The merman's tail was softly moving back and forth with the flow, the light reflected by his light blue tail being the only thing lighting up the dark, misty area.

When Dream called out his name, George's head shot up and his eyes met Dream's. A second passed as they took eachother's features in, making sure the other hadn't changed in the time they'd been apart.

Dream saw George swallow. "Hi...", the merman mumbled quietly.

"Hey", Dream replied, heart feeling heavy.

What if-

No. He was here now and speculating wasn't gonna help him, George would say what he wanted to say in less than a minute.

He cleared his throat and scratched his neck uncomfortably. George observed the floor as if the secret of life's purpose was lying there.

"So...", Dream began, "what, uh... what did you want to talk about?" George stayed quiet for a second, then he sighed. "I...It was stupid of me to swim away", he admitted.

"You see, I was... I was... Damn, this is hard..." Dream let out a chuckle. A George in his natural environment, sassy and annoying as ever.

"I felt like... I felt like I wasn't ready for a relationship... and everything that comes with one."

He didn't habe to elaborate, the unspoken truth weighed them both down like a heavy stone.

"B-but I realized... that... Fuck, I like you, okay?! A-and I want to be in a relationship with you! And- and you better like me too, because you're very lucky to be liked by me!"

He risked a glance up to him, eyes filled with hope.

Dream was stunned. He did... want a relationship with him? He did? All this time, he had been thinking his feelings were one-sided, but... he reciprocated them? He wanted to be with him?

Was this a dream? 'Cause it really felt like one...