Chapter 9: Eyes

Picture is not mine!

TW: Captivity

************************************

The merman had been ignoring him since he found out Dream was his enemies' species a few hours ago. Dream had tried talking to him, making noises, banging onto his walls, but nothing ever worked. If we ever get out of here I won't even have accomplished my task, Dream thought.

And he missed communicating with others. He already missed Sapnap and Quackity, the rebells and his friend, their Co-leader, Technoblade. He missed them all so much. Ranboo, the outsider, and Sam, his favourite castle knight.

The sound of wood getting thrown onto wood yanked him out of his sad thoughts. He looked up and saw the redheaded human place a wooden chair infront of the tank. Came to watch me again?, Dream thought bitter. This was really getting on his nerves.

The human pulled out a coulourful thing. It seemed to be soft and consisted of different layers. The bottom layer was light brown. The next layer was thin and white yellowish. The layer after that was thicker and yellow. On top of that layer was a kind of leaf placed Dream had never seen before. On the leaf were small red circles placed and on top of them another layer of the light brown stuff from the bottom.

The human pointed at Dream, then at the colourful thing in his hand. Then, to Dreams surprise, he stuffed it in his mouth and bit off a piece. The human chewed and swallowed then looked at Dream again with a questioning look. Is he trying to ask me if I'm hungry?

The human pulled out a big quadratic thing, made out of a lot of the thin white quadratics they had given him yesterday. He opened it and showed the inside to Dream.

There were little sea plants and animals drawn on the inside, Dream recognized most of them. The human started flipping the white things over, showing him more animals and plants.

Maybe he's trying to figure out what I like to eat..., Dream concluded. The man flipped the site again and it showed some little crabs. It were the same ones Dream had stolen from the castle kitchen for breakfast the day before.

He pointed them out. The human nodded and flipped the page again. Did he get it or not? Well, I guess, we'll see.

Dream pointed out some more food and noticed the merman watching them from the side. Wait, what if he's hungry too? Did the human forget him?

Dream knocked onto the glass. The human looked at him, confused. Dream pointed at the merman, then at the drawings. It took around him around ten minutes to get the human to understand him.

He couldn't help but be a bit sorry for him. Humans brains are so slow... How do they even survive, the poor things?, he thought.

When the human finally understood, he moved his chair over to the merman and did the same thing again.

As they seemed to be finished, the human disappeared. Concluding he probably wouldn't return too soon, Dream faced the merman again, who also just turned to look at him. Their eyes met and both froze.

A slight blush formed on the others cheek, while Dream found himself admiring his eyes. One was light blue, matching with his tail. The other had the colour of a brown bullhead (picture). A few golden sparkles were in both of them.

Fascinating.