Chapter 114: Together

Disclaimer! For the possibility that I realize the 86 chapters I have left before we reach the 200 chapter mark won't be enough to finish this book (although I don't think that'll be the case), I'll cut it off here. What do you think?

TW: Mentions of Betrayal and War?

*****************************

The setting sun was coloring the ocean floor in a light orange. Two silhouttes were speeding through the hallways of the merfolk's castle, unseen by anyone.

After talking to Karl about his problem with Dream, the merman had advised George to go talk to him and agreed to help him trick the guards that were watching him and sneak out of the castle using the servants entrance, which was were both of them were heading now.

When they arrived, Karl pushed George out of the entrance and whispered: "Go get your man!", before disappearing into the castle. George blinked in surprise at basicially being thrown out of his own home, before starting to head over to the border where he had met Dream for the first time, desperately hoping he'd be there.

He had no idea what he'd do if he wasn't. They hadn't really talked that much about their lifes back at home, had they?

George tried his hardest to remember. Wasn't there something about a mask? And... a rebellion of some sort that he was leading? Great, that made finding him so much easier!

What if he was wanted? Had George been talking to a criminal? If his father found out about that... Then again, was being a criminal to the government even considered being a criminal if the government was corrupt?

George's mind was spinning. How was anyone, let alone a merman who didn't even know his way around supposed to find the leader of an underground rebellion himself? I guess I'll just have to pray he'll be there...

What would he even tell him? That he wanted to be with him? Was it really that easy?

George knew for a fact that he did. He did want to be with Dream, and it was embarressing to say the least that it had taken him so long to realize that. The troubles and problems, everything keeping them apart hadn't vanished, and yet for some reason he felt like it didn't matter. Like they'd find a solution for all of it. Together.