Chapter 23: Friends

TW: Captivity, Cussing

*****************************

He's acting wierd. George carefully glanced over to Dream, who was mainly focused on eating right now. What could be up with him? And... what the hell was that yesterday?! Was he trying to kiss me?!

No, I'm probably overthinking. We're just two friends who watched a sunset together. Nothing special.

A friend... George wasn't sure why suddenly a lump builded itself in his throat.

He thought of his other friends. Since he was only allowed outside on folk festivals, they were all people who worked in the castle.

The cook's son Darryl aka Badboyhalo was his best friend. He was kind and had a childish personality, which always pushed in George the urge to protect him. Bad had inherited his mothers talent for cooking and baking and his tasks were basically helping her in the kitchen and serving the food sometimes.

One of his other friends was Tommy, the son of the farmer who always brought food on sundays and his best friend Tubbo who liked to come along. Then there was the servant Karl and... yeah, that was pretty much it.

George found himself missing them all a lot. How they would react if he told them about Dream? That he befriended a siren? And... would he ever actually get a chance to tell them, now that his plan to escape had failed before even being put into action?