Chapter 35: Plan number 2

TW: Captivity, mentions of death?, cussing

*****************************

The heck is he doing?, George thought while watching the redheaded human pretending to let his pen accidently slide behind their pool. If he wants to go there, why doesn't he just go? Oh well, humans are boring anyways...

George glanced over to Dream. Since the humans had brought him back, he had been calmer, but still seemed pretty upset. He also hadn't talked to George since his empathetic speech.

Did I say something wrong? What if he won't speak to me ever again? The thought alone made George feel horrible. He kept telling himself that Dream just needed some time. Also, the siren, no, Dream had seemed very desperate to escape, but how would they ever be able to make a plan without talking to eachother?

"I got it!" George jumped in surprise by the sudden outburst. "Got what?", he asked carefully. Dreams eyes were sparkling when he turned around. "I know how we will escape!" "Oh yeah?" George asked, silently praying his plan was actually somehow useful.

Dream pointed at the wall on the side where they had watched the sunset. That felt so long ago...

"I calculated that the distance between there and the sea is only half a sunfish. The biggest jump a siren can make is a bit more than half a sunfish. So I should be able to make it and- "

"First of all", George interupted, "that's the biggest jump a siren has ever made in history. You're planning to do a remake of a world record?" "No, I-"

"Second", George gave Dream a death stare, which effectively shut him up, "you forgot ME! I can't jump that far!"

"I know." Dream facepalmed. "I was going to explain that part, before I was rudely interruptet by you.

The idea is, you'll jump up and I'll throw you at the same time. That should be enough to get you into the sea. I'll come after you."

Georges eyebrows furrowed. "Should be? Seriously, Dream, I appreciate that you're trying to get us out of here, but that isn't gonna work." "Yes it is." "No, Dream, it's too risky!" "Well do you have a better idea?!"

Is he neptunedamn serious?! I could die if his plan goes wrong!

"I guess you don't. We need to get out of here as fast as possible and my plan is all we have, so we're doing it."

George was getting ready to yell at him again when Dream sighed. "Look, I know it's dangerous, alright? But wasting our whole time here talking won't get us anywhere. Please just think about it." George huffed. "Fine."

He swam over to the side Dream was talking about and started calculating.

"Wait... this could actually work!" "I know", Dream said behind him and George could hear the proud smile in his tone. He sighed. "Alright, we can do it tonight. But if I die, you'll feed my family!" Not that they'd need it...

"It won't. But just out of curiousity... how big is your family?"