Chapter 80: Dream of the Rebels

See what I did there? 😏

TW: Swearing, Blood, Mentions of Captivity and Suicide

*****************************

"Well, looks like even your son can't stand you", the person behind Dream mocked. "Honestly, if I was your son, I would've probably killed myself by now", the oddly cheerful voice of Technoblade announced.

Uncaring of the angry protest behind him, he pulled the prince out of the room into the dark hallway that people got sucked through into the room when activating the mechanism, let go of him and blocked the entrance off with a bunch of heavy sand. "That'll take them a while to dig themselves out of", he said proudly.

Dream coughed, sand had flown into his mouth. Holding his throat, he glanced over at Techno, who was observing his appearance.

"You really weren't lying", he mumbled in surprise. "No, I wasn't", Dream stated, making eye contact with his best friend. He was serious.

Technoblade swam past him grabbed his hand and pulled him out into the corridor with the human trash artwork. He swam over to a drawing of the king on a mighty swordfish on the wall, ripped out a piece that was entirely white and about the size of Dream's head and handed it to him.

"Put on your necklace and this", he commanded. Dream did as he was told and fixed his obedient posture so that he looked like a strong leader again and not like the quiet son of the king. Techno backed up a bit and looked at his masterpiece.

"Fuck, it really is you", he whispered in shock. "It is", Dream confirmed, his voice sounding a bit muffled from behind the mask. "Congratulations, I guess. You found me."

"Dream?" Other rebels had arrived, including Sapnap. Dream turned around, still holding the mask in front of his face.

"So... Techno was right? They captured you?", Sapnap asked breathlessly. He was bleeding from a wound on his head, his white bandana was ripped and he had a huge cut drawn all over his chest.

"No", Dream answered. "The truth is, well, a lot nore complicated. For now, let's get out of here-"

"Dream?"