Chapter 95: A nice Merman

"Stop! What do you want here?"
A guard had stopped the little group from entering the castle.

George felt Dream stiffen behind him. For a second, he thought about taking his hand, but there were too many people around.

"We need to speak with the king", the shop owner proudly announced. "Wow, I never thought I'd say that one day!"

"Why?" "Well... I found... something he's looking for." The other merman looked at George in anticipation.

George took a deep breath and moved the hood back, revealing his face. The guard gasped in shock and let his sword fall. "P-prince George..."
"Yes, are you going to let me enter my home now?" "O-of course, my apologies, your highness." He bowed deeply. "Let me bring you and your..." "Friends. Well, friend and acquaintance." "Yes, let me guide you to his majesty."

As they were swimming through the familiar hallways George had played in as a child, the reality of being back home hit him harder than he had expected. He couldn't wait to see his friends and family again!

What had they been up to while he had been away? Well, his father surely had been busy with the war and Skeppy had probably been aswell. But what about Mary? Tommy and Tubbo? Bad? How did the war affect them? Had a lot changed while he had been gone?

Dream meanwhile was visibly getting more anxious second by second. He was instinctively moving closer and closer to George without seeming to notice.

A few times he had even almost taken his hand, but drawn it back the last second as if just realizing what he had almost done.

Nobody here could find out about their relationship.

Finally, he asked. "You're... not gonna tell them, right?"
"Tell them what?", George asked calmly, eyes facing the back of the guard who was leading them. "That I met a nice merman who helped me return home? Of course I will."

"Okay, good." Now the siren seemed a little calmer, but still quite anxious. George sighed and grabbed his arm, looking into his green eyes. "It'll be okay", he said quietly.

Dream nodded and took a deep breath as George let go of him again.

They had arrived in the throne room.