Chapter 107: The Rebel Meeting

TW: Mentions of Terrorism?

*****************************

"Alright, we are gathered here today for the-", Sapnap stopped and peeked at the lines representing the amount of meetings they'd had, which were engraved on the table right in front of him. "57th meeting of the independent rebels! The parole, please!"

Like a well-trained choir, the sirens answered: "Peace, understanding and learning!"

After that, some broke into laughter here and there. It was a stupid ritual just to feel connected, they all knew eachother well around here. Normally Dream would've joined them, this parole had been his idea after all. Well, his and Sapnap's.

Although it was just for fun and routine and kind of make fun of the way their group was being portrayed by the king, it did represent what they stood for. Peace, understanding and learning from eachother, the merfolk in particular.

Which was essential and yet a rebellion had to be founded to fight for it, because the government, especially the king wouldn't. Quite sad if you really thought about it. And even though they seemed like a bunch of crackheads most of the time, there wasn't a single rebel who didn't believe in their cause and wouldn't fight for it.

The king had called them terroristic and dangerous, everybody here risked a life sentence in prison at best, a death penalty at worst. Dream was even officially wanted, the king had made sure every siren in the whole ocean knew his face, or, well, his white mask, and how "dangerous to society" he was.

A small chuckle escaped Dream's lips at the thought, the first since George's rejection. Every siren kept an eye out for him, he was free to be killed by anyone at any time and yet he had traveled through the entire ocean and returned to the capital city unharmedly. Stupid, honestly.

While Dream was watching the others laugh and talk, he exchanged a look with Technoblade. Even though he was absolutely unmotivated to help the merfolk at the moment because of what had happened between him and George he reminded himself to see the bigger picture. There was a huge next step to take for his team.

Time to take this rebellion to a whole new level.