Chapter 55: Feelings

Happy pride month everyone! 🥳🏳️‍🌈

*****************************

"Hey, you okay?"

Dream looked up to see Wilbur swimming in front of him. "Yeah, why?" "I don't know, you look down."

Dream sighed and went back to drawing smiles in the sand. He really missed his mask.

"By the way, I heard about what happened. Don't mind Punz, he's just trying to take his job seriously. Do you really have this friend waiting for you?" "Yeah, I do. And I honestly don't know what to do. He'll never find this place without my help!"

Wilbur thought about it for a minute. "Maybe you could... describe your friend to Punz and let him look for him?", he suggested. "He'll never do that", Dream responded tiredly. Wilbur kept quiet for a minute and they just stared into the open sea.

"Ah, I just remembered", Wilbur started, "I'm supposed to tell you that Fundy got a place to sleep for you. Actually someone else was supposed to sleep with him in his tent, but Fundy kicked him out so you could sleep there. Feel honored, I guess."

Dreams brows furrowed. "Why would Fundy want me to sleep in his tent? I don't even know him.

Besides, aren't I... the wierdo? With my strange human trash outfit and the smiles I like drawing in the sand and all that?"

Wilbur chuckled. "It's true, you are very wierd. But who said that's a bad thing? I like it. Although, about Fundy... are you really that blind?" "Yeah, maybe. I don't know." Dream sighed.

"I miss George." "Who's George?" "My friend." The brown haired merman rised a brow amusedly. "Oh, the omnious possible non-existent friend you'd risk a place in Fundy's tent for?"
"Shut up." Dream felt his cheeks warm up a bit. Embaressed, he ducked his head a little lower. "Oh, did I hit a weak spot?", Wilbur teased.

Green eyes greeted him with a hard look. "So what?", Dream asked loudly. Surprised, Wilbur backed off. "Hey man, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm completely fine with it, chill. However", he moved a little closer again, "mind telling me what's so special about this "friend"?" A far away look crossed Dreams face.

"He's... perfect. He's beautiful, funny, annoying, savage and adorable. When he laughs, it feels like... time has stopped. When he cries, nothing else matters.

There was one time I was scared I'd lose him. That was the worst thing I ever felt and I literally found my mothers dead body. I think not even death could feel that terrifying.

He's... everything. My whole world. I can't imagine ever loosing him."

"Wow..." Wilbur sounded very quiet. "Seems like you really got the hots for him, huh?"

A blush crept across Dreams face as he realized what he had just said. "Y-yeah... I guess... I do", he confessed.