Chapter 104: Worthy

Anyone else think of Thor at the title?

I listened to "Experience" by Ludovico Einaudi while writing this btw, can you tell?

Mentions of Trust Issues and Seperation Anxiety?

*****************************

The first beams of sunlight were coloring the sky and the ocean in warm orange and yellow tones. Slowly, the first mermen and mermaids were waking up and starting their days as usual, not paying much attention to the merman speeding through the city as if there were a bunch of sharks after him.

George had lost track of time. He couldn't remember how often he had gotten lost, but it definetly had been a lot, since he didn't know the way back to the castle and didn't want to ask anyone. Not like this.

Hot tears were swimming in George's eyes as he swam throught the empty streets as fast as he could.

He knew leaving Dream like that was more than humiliating and he really didn't want to, but... all of this... it was too much.

He loved Dream, the kiss they had shared had made that more than clear, but... he couldn't. Not even mentioning his fathers words, knowing he would betray his family and his entire kingdom if he comitted to loving Dream, the siren, a relationship? He would leave him eventually.

That was the real reason George had fled, he was scared of these feelings, he had never felt this way towards anyone before. And that was why he couldn't give Dream the one thing he wanted.

Because, if they spent more and more time together, they would get closer and closer and soon, Dream would realize that George... George wasn't enough for him. He might love him now, but there was no way he still would if he found out who George really was.

They had fallen for the parts of eachother that they knew, but if they discovered their real personalities, traits and flaws...

Who knew how strong their love was? He didn't want to put it to the test, he was scared of the results.

And that was why George had to swim. Because he didn't want to hurt himself Dream by giving him false hope and he didn't want to be hurt by someone who meant so much to him eventually leaving him for who he really was.

Because the real me is not worthy of Dream's love.