Chapter 66: Jealousy

TW: Cursing

*****************************

The next morning the group left Coral View.

Dream had actually made the herb ointment and George's scratch had faded and was almost invisible now.

His doubts, however, hadn't vanished and yesterday's events had only inspired his fantasy more.

Somehow all the animals they had came across had loved Dream. And everyone knew animals only loved trustworthy people. Maybe he had manipulated them on purpose to seem less threatening to George.

And hadn't he also told him that he wouldn't sing, not even to save himself? That was really suspicious. What siren didn't like singing?

There was also something else bothering George. Dream shared a tent with Fundy and they seemed to get along very well. Too well for George's taste.

Yes, that was the proof. Dream had hexed him. Because why else would George care about in who's tent he was sleeping?

He knew that feeling well. He had felt it less strong everytime his father had overlooked him and chosen Skeppy instead. Jealousy.

For some reason he wanted to be around Dream at all times and didn't like him being around others a lot.

The idea alone that he might be a traitor ate George up from the inside.

Hold up. These symptoms sounded a lot like something he had read in a psychology journal his teacher had forced him to read once:

1. Anger about someone being around others and not giving you attention and 2. Denial are the first symptoms of falling in love. If noticed, speak to someone else about your feelings towards the person and clarify if you may be in love.

George cheeks suddenly felt hot and red.

What the fuck?! A love spell?

That was really difficult, he had underestimated Dreams abilities! How dangerous was he if he could make the prince of the merfolk fall in love with him this subtly and without him noticing at all until it was too late?

George tried to remember what he had learned regarding love spells.

"Love spells are very rare and haven't been used in centuries.

A child created while atleast one of the parents was under a love spell is unable to feel any other emotion than hate and needs ro be eliminated."

"But what if someone used a love spell on us?" Mary's eyes had been sparkling with interest, a rare condition given the ways of teaching their old butler used.

"That's not gonna happen."
"But what if it did?"

"Well, then...
legends say the only way to get rid of a love spell is kissing your soulmate.

Those are fairytales though. There's a high chance soulmates don't exist, so don't waste your time with it.
Now, on with the lesson..."