Chapter 121: Sabotage

I know this is a terrible chapter and I apologize in advance, I'm still recovering

TW: Mentions of War and it's Results

*****************************

What could he have imagined? Of course the son of the king wouldn't be a simple soldier, no, Dream was supposed to lead the army into battle. The king's right hand, executing his every order. The picture of the perfect prince.

Or, as his father had put it, "You're finally useful for something."

Little did he know that gave Dream, aside from tons of new lessons and assignments, the perfect opportunity to destroy the military from the inside. Without knowing what he had done, Schlatt had played right into his hands, giving him the voice he had always been missing within the walls of the castle that had restricted him.

Now all he had to do was tell his friends. The rebellion was still planning to send some of it's people that hadn't been forced to join into the army anyway to help manipulate the soldiers and change their minds. But now they wouldn't have to anymore, Dream trusted himself to be able to do it on his own with the perfect opportunity that he had been given.

But when he arrived at Sapnap's house to tell him the great news, Quackity quickly pulled him aside.

"I met your loverboy today", he whispered.

"What? George?!" Dream's heart started pounding loudly in his chest. Now that he had almost given up hope, George was coming back for him? Could it really be true?

Quackity chuckled. "Interesting. I don't even need to name him, "loverboy" is enough to make you realize who I'm talking about. And yet, both of you denie you're dating..."

Dream's cheeks reddened undeniably as he covered his mouth with his hand. "I- well..."

"Yes, I met George at the border today. He wants to meet you. I told him you'd be there. Third sunrise from now. Don't let me down, yeah?"

And with that, he left a confused and flustered Dream swimming by the window.