Chapter 61: Welcome to Coral View

Trigger Warning: strong language, mentions of injury

Do not try the described actions regarding the fish. It doesn't work in real life (sadly :')

The picture is an example of a fish Dream may have pet, a Firefish Goby. But of course you can imagine anything else.

By the way, I've never actually been to a coral reef, so if I'm talking shit, please tell me.

*****************************

Shit! Why did I say that? Why did I say that?! He's gonna hate me now! ...But I can't retreat... if he feels the same, this might be the best chance I'll ever get. I'm gonna stick with it.

"You heard me." Dream leaned in seductively. "Kiss me."

George stared up at him, angry and flustered. Neptune, he was so adorable when he was shy!

"You wish", he finally said.

"What?" That was definetly not the reaction Dream had expected. Or wanted. George swam past him without another look.

"What do you mean "you wish"", Dream whined, hoping to save the situation. He followed George like a fish, who had lost it's swarm. But George ignored him and kept swimming until he bumped into something.

"What the fuck...", he mumbled, backing off while rubbing his nose that had a big red scratch drawn all over it. Dream held his hand in front of his mouth to stop himself from bursting out laughing. George had swam into a giant coral.

"Welcome to Coral View, George", he grinned smugly. "Fuck off", George grumbled and tried to hit some fish that belonged to a swarm he had startled when bumping into the coral.

"You don't look very fish-friendly for a vegeterian", Dream commented, caught one of the colourful little fish and carefully traced along his back with his claw.  The fish melted into his hand and made a wierd little noise.

"Is it dying?", George asked, seemingly unbothered. "No, I tamed it!", Dream hissed back, insulted that the merman didn't care about his achievement. "Look, he loves me!", he exclaimed, sounding like a happy child.

"Okay, whatever", his friend said, but Dream saw he did care, he was just to proud to admit it. The siren let go of the fish, which happily swam back to it's friends, and put his hand on George's shoulder.

"Come on, let's take care of that scratch, before you get a scar or an infection." George didn't answer, so Dream simply pulled him to Punz, who gave them some bandages while lecturing them about the importance of corals, being careful and the fact that he had to give out bandages before they had even arrived at the battlefield.

Rolling his eyes, Dream took George away from the others. Carefully, he put some herb ointment on the scratch. George winced. Trying to comfort him, Dream pat his arm and put a leave over the wound to cover it.

"This will do", the siren said. "However, we're going to explore the coral reef today. That will make it easier to leave for a bit. My mom taught me how to make a great herb ointment and I think I'll find just the right ones here. It'll heal your wound in no time, I promise!"

"We're going to explore the coral reef?", George asked, not sounding very happy. "Yeah, something about mental health and support of community or something, Punz said." "Awesome."

"What, don't you like coral reefs? I've never been to one, I'm sure it'll be an experience worth remembering."

"Yeah", George said sarcastically, "I'm sure I'll love remembering being sucked into a stream of bright colours, bumping my head all two seconds and being attacked by fish, turtles and angry mermen who take their job too seriously."

"Aww, come on, George, it'll be fun!" "Says the guy who's planning to leave me to find some stupid herbs", he remarked.

"I'm not gonna leave for the whole trip, I mean, Punz shouldn't notice I'm missing. Plus, I'm doing this for you, George!", Dream defended himself.

"Listen. You can't tell me you're doing something for me, when I didn't give my consent. I believe", his voice grew more silent, like he was talking to himself, "a lot of people need to learn that."