Chapter 113: Busy

I'm sorry I was gone for so long 😭 I was sick  and then I had a bunh of really important assignments due and then I was sick again... I'm sorry. But enjoy the chapter!

TW: Mentions of Trauma and Death

*****************************

Dream had been keeping himself as busy as possible, trying to forget what had happened between him and George.

He didn't want to try to forget George like the merman had told him to. He was way too important. But he had also decided that he had to give George time and space to adapt to the new situation. They were at home now and meeting up with eachother was a lot more difficult now.

Dream hoped that he would eventually come around. He didn't allow himself to think that he might just not and their time with one another was simply over now. It couldn't be... right? Or was he just hanging onto a past romance? He didn't want to have to think about that.

He had cut off contact with his friends from the rebellion for now, well aware that they knew him better than anyone else and would immediatly realize something was wrong if they spent more time together. He had also promised them Clay could help them because he knew George and the next time he'd come around he'd have to have something to prove it.

So he had been keeping himself busy with trying to find out more about the traitor situation among the merfolk during the day and going down one tunnel after another, mapping the maze slowly at night.

It was going quite well, but because all tunnels eventually ended up in that huge room they had fallen into before he was constantly reminded of what had happened there. George had told him whatever project had used to be going on there couldn't be continued for the sake of the merfolk's safety and it was bothering Dream that he couldn't find out what that dangerous secret was the merfolk apparently kept. What if it had something to do with his mother's death?

He had been going through almost all the books there and the only real clues he had found were a few reappering things and symbols like the four gates on the huge map in the middle of the room and a map of the same place that was portrayed on the ground over and over again. But strangely he hadn't been able to find anything about any of these hints in the palace library which had a reputation of having answers to every question you could possibly have.

It was as if both the merfolk and the sirens had decided to lock these informations away for them never to be found again centuries ago.