Chapter 124: Love and Betrayal

Was it just him or did the water feel different than usual? ...Heavier, maybe?

George swallowed hardly. He didn't know when Dream would arrive, but he would. George was sure. Or was he...?

Ugh, this waiting time was killing him! He had been swimming back and forth for who knew how long now, waiting for the siren to arrive. If he wasn't coming, Quackity would've alerted him, right? Right?

His father was right, sirens brought nothing but trouble. Past George would've probably never expected to see himself waiting for a siren, who was the leader of an underground rebellion on top of that, to tell him that he wanted to be in a romantic relationship with him.

The situation seemed so hilarious and yet so important. What if he said no? What if he had moved on already, maybe found someone new? No, Dream wasn't that kind of person. And he had seemed so sincere about wanting to be with George, he couldn't have moved on this quickly... right?

What would George do if he said no? Because if he knew one thing... things would never go back to the way they used to be. And George hated change. Especially this one, because it's outcomes were unknown. If he was to be discovered, he realized, he risked being disowned and becoming a disgrace to his kind.

Although, he probably already was, atleast the latter. Shouldn't he be feeling extremely guilty? Wasn't he betraying his country and his species?

But could having fallen in love really count as betrayal?

Because somehow, George couldn't bring himself to care. He loved Dream, Dream (hopefully) loved him back, so what was the problem? Why couldn't they be together? Why did everything have to be so difficult?

"George?"