Chapter 32: Doubt

TW: Captivity, mentions of panic attack

*****************************

Was it really a good idea to call the humans?, George thought while he watched them catch Dream. I didn't know what else to do though... He didn't let me calm him down like last time...

Is this possibly my fault? Could I somehow have set something off in him when we slept side by side?

Just what is he not telling me?

The humans had called for the redhead. George calmed down a bit when he saw him. He knew Dream trusted that guy, even though he couldn't understand why. But right now, George had no other choice but to believe in him. No, believe in Dream.

Oh, that siren. He always pretended to be so tough and tried to keep his feelings a secret, because he didn't want George to worry. And then something triggered him and it all bursted out of him like an explosion.

George would have to learn to avoid those triggers. But he couldn't deny he would miss Dreams warmth and his strong arms around him.

The humans carried Dream away. George, who was watching it, tried his best to calm himself down. Dreams words repeated themselves over and over in his head. "If they wanted to kill us, they would've done it by now."

But was he actually right? What if they were just waiting for the right moment or something? Ugh, panicking wouldn't help Dream now. But what else could George do?

After thinking about it for six seconds straight, George decided to eat the food the humans had thrown in.

But no matter how hard he tried, his thoughts would always return to Dream.