Chapter 13: Awake

TW: Captivity, Needles

*****************************

Dream's eyes opened slowly. It took him a while to recall where he was, still in that white room, and what had happened.

When he finally remembered, he shot up. Bad idea, the room started spinning around him, and his head started hurting badly. He fell back onto the cold and now wet surface. Someone must have watered him. For a while, he just stared at the white ceiling, waiting for his torture to end.

A clapping sound woke him up, a human entered the room. The same one as before. Dream slowly rose his head, then the upper half of his body. The human froze. He seemed to be scared of him. Dream didn't understand it, he couldn't even think properly yet. The redhead carefully started walking over to him and slowly placed a hand on his tail.

Dream yawned. The human jumped backwards. He's scared of me..., Dream thought. He knew that he knew the reason why, but he couldn't quite grab the information, because his brain was working on getting all the jellyfish jelly out of itself.

The human had approached Dream again without him noticing and started now carefully moving his tail and fin up and down. A sharp pain shot through Dream and he let out a whimper. The human started mumbling again, went over to one of the shelfs and grabbed something. Then he returned and injected it Dream. The pain slowly disappeared.

Since there wasn't really anything better to do and his brain still out of order, Dream just curled up and fell back asleep. He didn't notice the worried look of the human, who was still standing on the doorstep.