Chapter 71: Punz' Secret

Information: Swordfish (picture) are about 4 meters long and can swim between 50-60 mph. The siren and mermaid kingdom use them sort of like we use horses.

TW: Cursing

*****************************

In the night after the incident with Wilbur, Dream was woken up by a strange feeling, like someone was lurking over him.

When he opened his eyes, they were instantly met with Punz' eyes. "What the-"

A hand quickly covered his mouth and Punz grabbed his arm. He pulled him off the leaves that created his matress and out of the tent. Then, he proceeded to drag Dream away from the camp.

Deciding he would not let this slide anymore, Dream grabbed Punz' arms and freed himself. "Hey, what the fuck!" "Be a little louder and maybe you'll wake the second half of the camp up too", Punz mumbled under his breath.

"What's going on?" Dream was worried Wilbur might've snitched on him. Then again, why kill a siren in secret?

Punz sighed. "I work for your father", he explained. "You what?!" "Clay!" Dream winced. He hadn't heard that name in weeks... "Sorry", he whispered.

"Why though?" Instinctively, he looked Punz up and down. Still a merman. "He pays a lot", he shrugged. "More than I could ever earn in the army. I'm supposed to keep track of how many soldiers the mermaid kingdom has. But your father-" "Don't call him that, please."

A little irritated, Punz continued, "-his highness has sent out people to look for you. He told I'd get a raise if someone from the army found you and I saved you before they kill you. I received a drawing of you.

Well, anyway...", he sighed, "tonight, Fundy came to me. He overheard your conversation with Wilbur, or atleast parts of it, and told me. I told someone I know who is supossed to deliver my messages to the king and so on. Your father send a swordfish to pick you up. You'll be home before sunrise."

"I-what?" "Don't worry, I'll tell the others you got away and I spent half the night searching for you. Good luck."

"Wh- hey!", Dream yelled, but Punz had already disappeared into the night, leaving Dream alone in the open sea.