The Circus Has Just Come to Town - 2

Liam and I sat across the bedroom from each other. Me with my back against the wall. Him with his back against the side of the bed.

I knew I needed the support of the wall. I'd grown quite a backbone over the years (especially after being with him and being a part of his world) but knew I'd struggle to hold myself up in this situation. The bed would never be able to do that.

Liam sat a lot more upright than I expected. I figured he'd slouch down into his typical relaxed pose. He was never one to sit up straight and stiff but I guess he never needed to. He could always get away with sauntering and swaggering and slouching. That was one of the many things people loved about him.

One of the other things people loved about him were his eyes. Those cold, icy, electric blue eyes that were staring back at me in that moment. In that situation I pressed my back against that wall feeling myself slide down until I sat back up.

"I'm sorry, Blue!" He apologized.

"There's nothin' to be sorry about." I replied.

"Then why are yer fucked off at me? I only asked her 'cuz you weren't bothered-"

"You're right. So, it makes sense to have her instead of me...for a multitude of reasons..."

He furrowed his eyebrows curiously.

"The things that used to interest me don't interest me no more-"

"You what?" He interrupted me.

"Which is why you should have her 'cuz she deserves it and I don't. Just like I don't deserve to be mad at you right now."

"I don't want 'er. I want you and I thought you wanted me anall?"

"I did but..."

"Yer want that Cester lad more?" He raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"He's not a lad." I shook my head.

"Bloke." He corrected.

"I don't want him. He's just a friend-"

"Bollocks!"

I rolled my eyes. "Y'know, I'm not proud of everything I've done. I've made a lotta mistakes and sometimes I learn from 'em and sometimes I don't. But people like you don't have to feel guilty. Ya don't have to take responsibility for your actions 'cuz there's always been somebody there to bail you out.

"You did all that crap to Patsy and Nicole then moved onto Debbie and then me. You never felt bad about all the people you've hurt because you don't have to or don't even feel bad enough. At least not 'til you're backed into a corner and have to explain your way out and even that's not that hard for you to do. People adore you no matter what you do, me included. I mean, Jason Aldean does essentially the same stuff you've done and it disgusts me but I can turn a blind eye for you."

"The film's comin' to Cleveland." He informed me.

"Don't change the subject!" I scolded him.

"I'm not! I just thought you might be arsed if..."

"Where's it gonna be at? The Cedar Lee Theater?"

"Nah." He shook his head. "Crocker Park."

I pictured it in my head. "They got a nice Barnes and Noble's." I mused.

"They do, yeah." He agreed. "Two floors, it has."

I smiled to myself. "I ain't goin' to see that movie."

He sighed. "Fair enough."

"But there is another reason for us to go to Ohio."

"What's that?"