You Look Pretty Good But...

Author's Note:

            The song at the top is pretty important. It was originally going to be "Flick of the Finger" but this one definitely fits better. Also, this story takes place somewhere between chapters 95 to 100 I think. Thanks again for reading!

            Liam had me holed up in my office. It felt a little weird calling it mine but he insisted it was.

            "Ya need a desk and that." He said.

            So I got one. And my own phone extension. I rarely ever got calls from anywhere other than within Pretty Green HQ. And even then they were mostly just from Liam dicking around in another one of the offices.

            I sat at my desk on my laptop, typing up a list of things into a spread sheet. Something for the Winter line I think. I was about halfway done when my desk phone rang.

            I checked the Caller ID. Liam always tried to play, thinking he was funny by masking his voice and stuff. He wasn't very good at it but I played along because I knew he was having fun with it. And to be honest, I had fun too.

            But there was no Pretty Green extension on the ID. Just a name from the outside world.

            "Hello?" I said into the receiver.

            "Alright, Jules!" He said cheerfully.

            "Alright. How'd you get this number?"

            "Called the front desk, right? Asked to be put right through to you."

            "Oh." I replied. "Why didn't you just call me on my cell phone?"

            "Thought this would be more fun." He said flatly. "Change things up a bit."

            I rolled my eyes.

            "How 'bout lunch?" He continued. "Our Liam lets ya have a lunch break, doesn't he?"

            "Yeah but I really need to get stuff done so I wasn't planning to go-"

            "Bollocks! You can stop for lunch now. I'm already here."

            I twisted my face in disbelief. "What?" I said.

            "Yeah." He replied. "Look out your window."

            I set the phone down on the desk and went to the window. I looked out and down at the sidewalk and there he was.

            He smiled up at me as he held his hands out. "C'mon then!" He mouthed as he waved at me to do so.

            I smirked as I shook my head before turning around to head back to the phone.

            "Alright." I said into the receiver. "I'll be down in a second."

            "So how are things at the old clothing firm?" He asked before taking a sip of his water. "I take it Liam's keepin' ya busy."

            "He is." I replied as I held a forkful of  salad near my mouth. "I don't mind it too much though."

            He smiled. "That's good then. So I hear he's signed a record deal. What's his new stuff sound like?"

            "I don't know. I'm not allowed at the studio."

            "Not allowed?" He said shocked.