All The King's Horses and All The King's [Women] - 2

Author's Note:

            This may come off as a bit political so, if that offends you, I'm truly sorry. Reading and writing fanfiction is where I go to escape the crap of the real world like news and politics.

            Thank you for reading.

            "What's that?" I asked Gene as I watched him staring at a particular piece of mail.

            "Summat from the Palace." He revealed. "It's addressed to the four of us. So, can I open it?"

            "Sure, go ahead."

            "Long ass list!" I remarked admiring the many names on the Wikipedia page as Gene scrolled through them on his phone.

            We were so engrossed in it, we hardly noticed Noel enter the living room.

            "What're yous up to?" He questioned us.

            "Lookin' at who's all gettin' knighthoods and stuff at King Charles' Birthday Honors." I told him. "Vickie McClure got one. Good for her!"

            "Apparently, we've been invited." Gene informed him.

            "You what?"

            "King Charles invited us." I repeated.

            "Who's 'us'?" He inquired.

            "Us." I pointed from myself to Gene. "And you and Liam."

            "Me and Liam?"

            "Yep." I nodded. "So, are we goin' or what? 'Cuz I gotta send the RSVP back."

            I put on the same dress I wore the last time then all I had left to do was my hair and makeup. I was in the middle of applying face powder and blush when Liam entered the bedroom.

            I curled my nose up at the sight of him. "You're not wearin' that!" I snapped.

            His jaw dropped. "Why not?"

            "Because it's disrespectful! So, wear a suit!"

            "I don't like suits! I prefer me parka!"

            "Well, I don't care!" I barked. "Ya ain't goin' dressed like a northern upstart and disrespectin' the Crown!"

            "But-"

            "You got plenty of suits people give ya for free so pick one and wear it!"

            He rolled his eyes before disappearing into the closet.

            "Happy now?" He said holding out his arms to showcase his suit.

            "Yep." I replied with a nod.

            "Well, I'm fuckin' not! I look a pillock!"

            "You'll survive!"

            Noel and Gene wore suits too because it wasn't optional. Not that they fussed like Liam though. I knew Noel would be happy to wear clothes fit to schmooze and Gene would follow the rules because he knew he'd never hear the end of it from me if he didn't.

            We loaded up in the car with Gene driving, me in the front passenger seat, and Liam and Noel in the back.

            "So, what're we goin' to Buckingham Palace for?" Liam asked as headed for the highway.