Let's Go Find a Rainbow

...

May, 2005

            The Don't Believe the Truth World Tour had just begun. The lads and I had just done our gig in Milan and had a couple days to fuck around before we headed to Edinburgh. I was ready to fucking have it but I always was when we were on tour.

            I wasn't going to fuck up this tour. I made that promise to me self. I couldn't let things go to shit with our Noel. Not now. This was going to be one of our biggest tours yet. We had dates at some of the best places 'round the world: Madison Square Garden, the Hollywood Bowl, and of course, my love (and Noel's too), the City of Manchester Stadium.

            This tour had to go well. It fucking had to.

            There was a lot going on during it. A camera crew followed us to record material for some documentary they planned to do. It wouldn't be released until after the tour though. We had two young bands opening for us, Jet and Kasabian. Kasabian weren't even on the bill at the start but we fit them in by way of our magic.

            As much as I tried to act like a grown-up, getting along with Our Kid as best as I could, I was still going to be me. I was going to fucking have it like usual and I didn't give a shit what people thought.

            But I was going to control myself. I'd limit my "having it" to slagging off sound checks and going out for oysters. Pretty tame, I reckoned. I never saw the need for doing sound checks to begin with. If I went to them, how would I preserve my voice?

            Milan was a pretty cool place. Our gig was top of course but they always were wherever we went. Fuck all the craziness in the nineties and that. We were the best band in the world. Full stop.

            Since we had a couple days off, the lads and I decided to do a bit of day drinking. Not too much though. When I say "a bit" I meant it was a fucking bit. No one was off their tits or anything but that didn't stop the piss taking.

            "Yeah well, we'd already be off to Edinburgh," I told our lot as we sat 'round a table at some pub, "but Noel's had the shits so we can't leave."

            "Shut the fuck up, man!" Noel yelled as everyone chuckled around him.

            "It's fuckin' true!" I went on even though I knew it wasn't. "We had to hold our flight all because Noel can't hold his-"

            "SHUT UP!" Noel's voice boomed. "Such a fucking idiot! I swear to God-"

            "I thought ya didn't believe in God?" I said with a grin.

            Noel didn't respond to that. Instead, he stood up from the table and headed towards the door, muttering summat on his way out.

            "For fuck's sake, Liam! Look what you've done!" Gem spoke up. "Christ! We'll split now!"

            "No we fuckin' won't!" I assured him. "We're Oasis. We're gonna fuckin' live forever." I got up from my seat and went to find Noel.

            He stood out on the middle of the bridge that went across the canal. He stared down sullenly at the water. Such a whingy little cunt.

            I walked towards him and leaned against the railing beside him. "Look, man, I'm sorry alright?" I said as I gazed down at our reflections on the water.

            "Fuck off!" He replied. "Your apologies never mean anything. Ya just say 'em 'cuz you know it's the right thing to do."

            "Well that's the point of apologizing, innit?"