All The King's Horses and All The King's [Women]

"Need your help with this." Noel said shoving the stack of papers in my face.

            "Well, it'll have to wait 'cuz I'm busy." I told him.

            "Doin' what?"

            "Bein' busy. I'll be back later." I picked my backpack up off the table and slung it over my shoulders.

            "Where yer goin'?" He questioned me.

            "Crazy!" I shot back.

            "Oh! No, you're not!" He stomped after me shaking the papers in the air. "'Cuz yer promised you'd help us with this plus I'll not be left to look after our Liam-"

            "Our Liam's a big boy who can look after himself. And if he can't then he needs to find somebody else who can! I'm outta here!"

            I took off before he could stop me or question me even further. I knew Liam wouldn't bother but Noel wouldn't go down without a fight.

            I entered the nearest Tube station and boarded the next train to my destination. Once there, I found the restroom and changed into new clothes.

            A spring dress, a big-brimmed sun hat, and flats. Simple yet chic. Almost fit for the Kentucky Derby.

            I stepped out of the restroom when another train buzzed by. I watched it go until it disappeared leaving someone stood on the platform across the tracks from me.

            I smiled at him.

            He smiled back.

            I found the stairs to cross over the tracks so I could meet him where he was.

            "G'day!" He greeted me.

            "Hi!" I returned. "Thanks for comin'."

            "Thanks for invitin' me. Ya look nice."

            "Thanks. I had to change in the shitter." I pointed back at it.

            He snickered. "Well, if you'd said somethin' ya coulda-"

            "It's alright." I waved my hands dismissively. "We better get goin' before we're late."

            There was a car waiting for us outside the Tube station. Part of the package I guess to ensure we got where we needed to go like all the other guests.

            The car drove down various London streets until it reached a certain one. A certain one lined with people on both sides cheering and waving their Union Jack flags in the air.

            "Patriotism." I mused with the "pat" part rhyming with "cat" like I'd heard in a TikTok video rather than the American way of rhyming with "date". "Shit!" I exclaimed at the realization.

            "What's the matter?" He asked.

            "I bet they ain't gonna let us bring no purses in and this dress ain't got no pockets. Excuse me?" I spoke to the driver.

            "Yes, Miss?" He replied.

            "Do you know if we're allowed to take purses in?"

            "I'm afraid not, Ma'am. Security reasons."

            "I figured." I said. "May I leave it in the boot of your car then, please?"

            "Boot of your car?" My companion echoed confused.

            I shrugged. "Forgot we're not in Kansas anymore! It's pretty commonplace where I'm from to just lock your purse in the trunk so you ain't gotta haul it around the whole time."