Come Get Me Off the Merry-Go-Round

The sound of guitar strumming hit me as soon as I walked in the building.

            "Hello?" I said trying to figure out where it was coming from.

            "Is that you, Jules?" He called back as the music continued.

            "No. It's Johnny Marr!"

            The guitar came to a screeching halt.

            "Oi! That's a pretty big name you're claiming there."

            "No bigger than me claiming I'm bigger than the Beatles."

            "I didn't claim that!" He argued. "I fuckin' was, right? Fuckin' still am."

            I rolled my eyes as I found the room he was in and went inside. "What are you doing?" I asked as I stared at him with crossed arms while I leaned against the doorframe.

            "What's it fuckin' look like?" He asked looking over at me for a second before turning back to tune his guitar. He had it sitting in his lap. A lovely gray color it was.

            "Whatever happened to the Union Jack? They asked for it in Cleveland but naturally you dissed their request."

            "I didn't diss nothin'! I don't have it no more. I give it away."

            "To who?"

            He shrugged. "Some bloke off the telly." He replied flatly not looking away from his guitar. "At least, that's what Wikipedia has you believe." He looked at me with a slight grin. "You like Wikipedia, don't ya Jules?"

            I grinned back. "I do, yeah." I told him. "So why'd you ask me to come here?"

            "'Cuz I needed you. You are my muse after all."

            I rolled my eyes and looked down a bit. "Sara's your muse."

            "Well yeah but I'm allowed to have more than one, aren't I?" He said. "Some a the songs on the new album. They were written for you-"

            "Noel-"

            "It's fuckin' true!" He cut me off. "And I'm not afraid to admit that. I won't tell ya which ones..." He trailed off when he saw me pursing my lips. "It's not like I didn't tell Sara! She understands you're our little Pattie Boyd-"

            "Our Pattie Boyd?" I echoed in confusion.

            He nodded. "Where else would Our Kid come up with his little pet name for ya?"

            "So you're saying you told him what to call me?"

            I knew Liam was pretty predictable at times. And anything to do with the Beatles made him even more so. But this...this couldn't be one of those times.

            "Nah! He come up with that one on his own. Fuckin' one-dimensional..." He sighed as he shook his head.

            I smiled. "Do you reckon I've inspired his new music too?" I asked.

            He turned to me puzzled. "What new music? Liam's not doin' anything new."

            "Yes he is."

            "No he's not."

            "Yes he is."

            "No he's not! He fuckin' sucks on his own." He said.