We Only Get Real People Down in Here Anyway

I gazed out the window at the clouds right below us as the plane made its way to Cleveland. Kelsey was picking us up at the airport and we'd have quite a busy evening once we arrived.

I was half tempted to stay in London but knew I needed to see my sister. Something came up at Pretty Green so Liam couldn't come with me...but I still wasn't going alone.

Noel had some time to kill between gigs and television appearances. He'd just been on the Graham Norton show with Damon Albarn but for the sake of Liam's happiness, I didn't watch it. Then he'd be doing some gig in London – one of those intimate shows that his Facebook announced a chance to win tickets for. He invited me but I still hadn't decided if I wanted to go.

"So where is it we're going again?" Noel asked curiously bringing my attention away from the window.

It was a gig but not one we were super excited about. Just something to do on a Friday night. A place to go drinking and dancing.

"It's like the social bar where all the wardens go hang out and drink."

I could hear that thick Australian accent as Chris sat in the back of the bus doing that interview over the phone so many years ago. The place we were going was nothing like what he was describing...but if I could make a Jet reference at least once a day in my life, then I was in the fucking bollocks.

The plane landed and Kelsey waited right at the exit gate for us. We loaded up in her car and headed to her house to get ready.

I needed to change my clothes and do my hair and makeup. I chose a tank top for the evening that showcased my chest but not my cleavage. My hair felt soft and flowing after I straightened it and my makeup made me feel a lot more confident to top everything off.

Noel wore his brown leather jacket over one of his flannel shirts. Skinny jeans and his gray converse tennis shoes and he was ready to go as well.

A friend from high school was also coming with us. She offered to be the DD and we all loaded up in her car. Dinner first then we were off to the venue.

We were late to the concert but we weren't upset. Again, it was just something to do. We didn't even know who the guy was. Some up and comer playing a few of his own songs amongst covers of those way more famous.

Noel rolled his eyes as we walked towards the back of the crowd. "Fuckin' hillbilly bull sh-"

"If you didn't want to be here then why did you come?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"D'ya think Our Kid'd let ya come to summat like this by yourself?" He replied pointing towards the stage.

"Well I'm with my sister so-"

"Is there a problem?" Kelsey interrupted me.

"No." I said shaking my head. "Noel's just being...Noel."

She looked over at him. "Jules says you're a grouch ass." She informed him. "And I've read enough to know you're a-"

"I'm not gonna ruin your night out!" He held his hands in the air. "I'm only here to look after Jules."

"That's what I'm supposed to do!" She pointed at herself.

Noel just rolled his eyes and kept his distance from her. He'd only met her a couple of times and I knew he wasn't arsed to get to know her.