Speak so that [He] Could Understand

"Thanks for coming." I said as he sat down across from me at the table.

"You're welcome." He replied. "I was glad you called me. I didn't think you would."

I smiled just a little bit.

He caught on and smiled right back.

"So what's up?" He said before taking a sip of his tea. "You said you had something you wanted to tell me?"

"Yeah. I um, I got scared and I didn't know who else to call."

His eyes filled with concern. "Jules? What's-"

"I'm pregnant."

The concern turned to absolute shock. "What?!"

"I'm pregnant." I repeated.

"Does Liam know?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. And I don't know how I'm gonna tell him." I felt the tears coming. "He's enjoyed it now his kids are pretty much grown. And I told him I wouldn't-"

He grabbed my hand and started stroking it making me shut right up.

"He'll dump me when he finds out." I continued. "He'll want me to get an abortion or he'll-"

"Shh!" He said. "It'll be alright."

"No it won't! Liam doesn't want any more kids. He'll say I did it on purpose. To trap him like all the other girls did. You know what he's like! He-"

"I know." He said calmly. "Which is why I'll look after you."

I smiled at him a little bigger.

He grinned back.

"It's a girl." I said as I put my hands on my stomach.

He chuckled. "Ya mean you're far enough along already to have it checked?" He asked.

"No. I just know it's a girl. It has to be. I've already given her a name."

"Oh? And what's that?"

"Cilla." I replied.

"You mean like Cilla Black?" He asked.

"Yeah. Cilla Black was so pretty and elegant. And I know my little girl will be too."

"Of course she will. Just like her mum."

I smiled. "Cilla Patricia Anne Gallagher." I said as I looked down at and rubbed my stomach. "A pretty name for an even prettier girl."

"Exactly." He agreed.

"I suppose her last name might have to change though." I said thinking.

"To what?" He asked. "Anderson?"

"Yeah...unless there's something else I could change it to."

His smile was obscured a bit by his teacup but I knew it was still there.

"I could give ya somethin' to change it to." He offered.

"You could?" I asked.

"Yeah. Could change yours as well so you'd match."

I smiled a bit at the idea. Then I looked him straight in the eye.

"Thanks Tommo."

He smiled back and then took another sip of his tea.

Author's Note:

I was going to wait until the morning to post this but couldn't wait that long so here it is! I'm on a bit of a hiatus from Jules' story right now as I'm focusing more on my new story Madferit: The Novel. I started the latest chapter for Let Me Put You In The Picture (Version 1) but it's not going like I hoped so I'm taking a break from it for a while. Hopefully this content preview will tide you over until my next update. There's definitely more to it, I promise, but I don't know how long it will be until I get it posted so stay tuned. Thanks again for reading!

 Thanks again for reading!