Confrontation || Chapter 77

'Some fights are just inevitable no matter how much you try to avoid them.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lucas' POV:

     I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying my winter break with Lyla. Though I was mostly home working and she was at work as well, the time we spent together was more than enough to compensate. Lyla would fill me in on her day along with me telling her that I was proud of her.

     I enjoyed seeing her eyes light up every time she would tell me about her day making me know she'll probably go into the engineering field. She had the brains for it I just hope she thought so as well. Everyday a few minutes before her alarm went off I would find myself awake just staring at her and watching her sleep in pure adoration. I loved seeing her hair all messy and all over the place as she lightly snored. After taking in her features I would always kiss her forehead before getting ready and going downstairs to make her breakfast.

     I would sometimes drop her off some lunch just to see her or she'll come home for lunch and we'll have a quickie which she would always initiate. The sex has also been mostly nonstop since when we go back to school we'll barely be able to have time with each other since we'll both be swamped with work.

     She told me that apparently Matteo the CEO of the company and also my friend had told her that she could work for him while she's in college if engineering was truly what she wanted to do. Lyla happily accepted finally figuring out what she wanted to do with her life which made me happy.

     I love this girl so fucking much if I'm being honest.

     After a long day of work for the both of us Lyla and I were on the couch, me sitting down with Lyla on me straddling my lap as her arms wrapped around my neck. I could hear little soft snores leaving her mouth and her breath fanning my neck making me smile. The movie was still running and I could feel her from time to time touch me and smile against my neck when she verified I was still there with her. I would smile every time she did that. My smile dropped the moment I turned my head and saw my parents along with Lorenzo and of course Sasha standing there.

     The moment our eyes locked my mother grabbed a nearby vase and my eyes widen as my instincts kicked in. I pushed my body forwards and tilted our bodies so she'll land on the sofa away from them and I laid on top of her. I made sure to cover her so that no pieces of the glass would get on her. The vase shattered on the back of my head making me groan as my vision blurred slightly.

"Luca?" Lyla asked when I pulled back slightly.

"L-Luca?!" She shouted louder as panic took over her face once blood dripped down from my head. I fell onto the floor with a groan and Lyla quickly came down and cupped my face.

"Luca! W—" her panicked eyes diverted to the people standing in the room before coming towards me.

"I-wha...are you okay? Let me see." I sat up and she looked at the back of my head before looking at my face once again being more worried than before.

"We might need to go to the hospital Luca." Lyla spoke softly with a frown on her pretty face.

"I'm fine baby." Her eyes worriedly eyed me with her adorable pout.

"Come on let me clean you up." I got up and followed her upstairs avoiding everyones eyes in the room.

     After she cleaned my wounds she left me to change as she headed back downstairs. After a bit I started hearing shouting which was cause for concern. As I went down the stairs I froze seeing Lyla being held back by Lorenzo and Sasha holding her nose which was dripping blood.