Another Fall || Chapter 16

'Wear shorts under your skirts and dresses, don't be like Lyla.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     I was sitting in class and just like I predicted he was in a sour mood. Expect this time when we locked eyes he smiled at me. Okay maybe not a full on smile but a small....very very small smile that only I saw clearly.

     The class passed by and as he was distributing the papers he marked yesterday he placed a blank paper in front of me. The only thing on it was his handwriting since he threw out my 'fuck you prick!' paper.

'Stop writing profanities on the papers and actually try to do the work. Also stay after class, I forgot to tell you something yesterday.' His initials were at the bottom of the page and I sighed putting the paper in my bag. What could he have forgotten? I thought all was said and done. After class as requested I stayed back.

"I wanted to apologize." He said as he packed his things up to go to his office like usual.

"Apologize for what sir?" I thought I'd play nice.

"That day where the incident in my office happened, I offended you and I wanted to apologize but we got off track."

"Oh." I said remembering how he had said I basically had no work ethic and lived off daddy's money.

"I shouldn't of assumed your personal lifestyle." He sighed before speaking again.

"I always seem to offend you lately, I am truly sorry about that." I was lost for words truly.

"It's alright." I said. He gave me a small smile and made his way towards the door.

"Enjoy the rest of your day Ms.Valentine." He spoke once we were both outside of his classroom with the door now locked.

"Likewise Mr.Grey." I went to my other class and for the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about his smile.

     It was now lunchtime and I was in the cafeteria at my regular table with the crew. In walks Mr.Grey and Ms.Ortega.....together. He was laughing at something she said and it was a genuine laugh. He smiled at her as she picked up a tray and ascended the food line with him just following her not taking a tray. He looked so sexy walking down the line with his hands in his trousers pockets.

     I glared his way seeing that bitch Ms.Ortega kept touching Mr.Grey. My hands clenched before I grabbed my apple and looked at it. I honestly was pissed at her for getting me detention.

"Don't do it." Jay said eyeing me.

"Do what?" I asked innocently before throwing the apple for her head.

     They tried to stop me but mid protest the apple was already out of my hand and flying in the direction of her head. I watched in excitement but right before it could hit her Mr.Grey caught it a few inches away from the back of her head. Oh how I was wishing it would knock her out. Ms.Ortega was distracted talking to the lunch lady when it happened so she was oblivious to it but everyone at my table looked at their plate and so did I to avoid suspicion. I looked up and saw his eyes were right on me.

"Shit..." I sighed out knowing he was definitely mad. He started walking our way before stopping right next to me and placing the apple on my tray.

"Next time think before you act un rationally will you?" He walked away right after. I bit my lip but once he was out of ear shot I started cracking up with the group.

"Holy fuck how I wished it would of smacked her!" I said with slight disappointment but definitely lots of enthusiasm.

"Maybe when he's not around." Eric said making me smile wickedly. Of course he'll always be down for trouble.