Future || Chapter 87

'We're all scared of change.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

A week had gone by and in all honesty I was feeling a whole lot better. I mean yeah from time to time I'd have nightmares but it wasn't every night like before. I was now attending school regularly and I was happy the year was almost done with. We had about three months left of this shit and my excitement couldn't be higher. The gang decided that after graduation we were all going to have a fucking blast at Sofi's vacation home which I definitely needed.

"MY WIFE!" Eric shouted with a huge smile as he tackled me to the ground.

"Every time seriously?" I laughed out. He laughed and pulled me onto my feet once he was up.

"What's up sunshine?" Closing my locker i asked.

"Groups hanging out later, don't be late." He pointed a finger warning me which made me bite his finger. Eric pulled it back looking at me as if I'm disbelief that I just bit him.

"Don't boss me around." Firmly I spoke with a smile causing him to laugh.

"Never, let's go now." I rolled my eyes smiling as he led me to my next class.

The school day ended and we were all hanging out by the boys dorm. What was once a hangout between us turned into a hangout with all the guys in the building. To be fair we were in the main hangout area after all though so we couldn't be mad. As I expected all the guys treated me like nothing happened and I really appreciated it.

"So Lyla, what's life after high school looking like?" One of the guys asked.

"Might become a stripper, you should drop by whenever." I said with a shrug and he laughed.

"I definitely will." He winked and I laughed along with him.

After a good and well needed night of chilling with friends I was now laying in bed happily. I loved that everything was going smoothly. My phone started ringing to which I answered seeing it was Luca.

"Hey..." I said with a big smile on my face.

"Hi baby, how was it hanging out with friends?"

"Not as wonderful as hanging with you, but it was a very well needed one."

"Mmm..." he hummed and I laughed.

"How was your day?"

"It was good, Estrella and Lorenzo came over. He drank too much so they're staying the night, Estrella also said she misses you."

"I'll make sure to text her, but did you drink a lot?" I teased.

"I have work tomorrow I couldn't even if I wanted to." He laughed and it rubbed off of me.

"Well it's late so I'll see you tomorrow in class, okay?" I smiled at his words.

"Okay, sleep well baby..." I found myself speaking with my big smile.

The following morning came about quickly and I woke up rather refreshed. No nightmares occurred which led to me being really refreshed. Getting out of bed I did my regular routine to get ready for school and then waited for Sofi. Sofi and I met up with the group in the cafeteria and I found myself smiling seeing all the happy couples. The bite mark on Eric's neck was something that I definitely didn't miss.

My eyes didn't fail to take in how Nataly and Paola sat at a table far from us which I loved because they had actually stopped trying to get under my skin. After sitting down we all sat there and conversed having a good laugh and catching up on everyone's life in general. All these happy couples around me were making me miss my other half.