Awakening Nightmare || Chapter 40

'Not everyone is meant to be .' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     A few days have gone by and I've been nothing but a nervous reck on edge. I've tried to act like I'm okay but I'm seriously no where near okay. Currently I was seated in Mr.Ramirez's classroom spacing out on his ranting when my phone chimed. The second my eyes met with the screen my eyes grew in panic.

'You're more beautiful than I remember Lyla.'

'Who is this?' I replied though I had a pretty good idea who it was.

'I made you a woman Lyla; how can you forget me?' And just like that I felt everything start to cage me in.

     I tried to keep my thinking in check but failed miserably as the memories of my past rushed back.

"Mr.Ramírez can I be excused?" I practically whispered as I proceeded to swallow hard and sighed in relief when he allowed me to.

     Luckily for me it was second period and the only person who could calm me should be free. I ran straight to his office desperately needing to calm myself down. As I ran to his office I felt my knees grow weak as my breaths became shallower. The moment I opened the door my eyes found him immediately seeing as he sat at his desk on his computer. His eyes met mines and I breathlessly spoke.

"H..elp..." I felt like I was about to faint as I clutched onto my chest.

"Fuck." He spoke as he quickly got out of his seat and ran towards me. His voice was so distant. My eyes were halfway closed as my ears focused on my heartbeat that kept slowing down by the second.

"Lyla breathe for heavens sakes." His arms pulled me in tightly and his body heat instantly started to radiate onto my cold one.

     He held me tightly and patted my arm in a specific rhythm as he guided me to start breathing again. I followed his instructions and slowly started to feel air in my lungs again. His cologne and voice made me at ease; which if being real was honestly a scary thought.

"Fucking hell..." I breathed out as I pulled back and got back onto my feet. I hadn't even realized we were on the floor until now.

"Lyla what's going on? This is the what second time? Third time? That this has happened? And you look like you haven't slept in forever." He got up and closed the door behind me.

"I'm fine truly."

"Having panic attacks is fine? And why do you always come to me?"

"Fine I won't come to you then." Defensively I spoke. That prick. As I turned to leave he grabbed my hand stopping me in my tracks.

"Lyla stop, talk to me what's wrong?" Gently his voice spoke.

"I'm fine I've just been on edge but I'm fine." I spoke facing him as I removed his hand from mine.

"Are you on something? Are you suffering from withdraw? Is someone doing something to you?" Concerned he questioned looking into my eyes.

"Stop assuming for gods sakes, like I said I'm fine." I spoke as nonchalantly as I could.

"Ly—"

"Mr.Grey please!"

"Fine, whatever." He went back to his chair and I for some reason felt bad. With a sigh I walked up to him and stood in between his man spread legs.

"What are you doing?" He asked blandly eyeing me weirdly.

"Thank you." I said as I hugged him. He sighed and patted my back with one hand as the other stayed at his side.