Utter Silence || Chapter 121

'It's always scary.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     I am upset.

     This prick of a baby has been taking his time getting out of me which has led to the current situation. I was a week over my due date and it's just gotten more uncomfortable the longer this pregnancy went on. Currently sitting on the sofa of our home, I heard the door open and close. I was honestly too over everything to even get up and check but I turned my head to see Luca's tired face walk through the door as he pulled his necktie down slightly undoing it.

     Luca lightly smiled and sat down on the sofa next to me before placing a kiss on my lips and then one on my huge pregnant belly. Seconds later he started rubbing my stomach as he came up and kissed me again.

"How's my favorite pregnant woman?"

"Annoyed and irritated." I grumbled out and he just laughed.

"I heard exercising helps."

"My feet are swollen I'll be damned if I work out." I spoke angrily. He just smiled.

"How about spicy food?" I scrunched my face up in distaste.

"No spicy food I see." He spoke with a big smile.

"Sex?" I glared at him for making the suggestion.

"No sex. Got it." My gaze went back towards the movie playing and Luca sighed before going to stand up to leave but I grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Are you okay?" I asked placing my hand on his cheek. I was annoyed yes, but Luca has placed my needs over his so many times now that I just wanted to make sure he wasn't feeling so depressed to the point of suicide.

"I'll be okay." His hand went over mines and he grasped it then placed a kiss on my hand before caressing it and then letting go of it as he got up and went upstairs. I didn't like the answer he gave me though.

     Not one bit.

     Slowly getting up off the sofa I followed upstairs where Luca was in the middle of getting clean clothes to shower.

"What do you mean you'll be okay? Luca are you depressed?" I asked as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Baby drop the conversation there's nothing to speak about." Calmly yet firmly he spoke.

"Don't even try that, Luca talk to me."

"Lyla drop it!" I was a little shocked at his outburst and he sighed in frustration before just throwing the shirt in hand on the bed and storming downstairs.

"Luca!" I shouted as I followed him. I kept yelling for him to stop but he just ignored my callings. The moment I stepped on one of the last few steps I froze and clutched onto the railing of the stairs even tighter as I felt a pool of water at my feet.

"Luca.." I panted out. I looked up and Luca had reached for his key but turned around to face me. The look of panic on my face must of registered to him.