Confession To Friends || Chapter 43

'Sometimes trusting the ones around you is what's best for you in the long run.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     About two weeks have gone by and in all honesty I've felt an increase in my happiness. It's mostly due to the fact that Mr.Grey still treated me like he normally did but also because I found someone who though they knew my whole story didn't eye me differently. He didn't pity me nor acted like I was a fragile piece of glass. Ever since I opened up to him I've felt extremely relieved. It had felt good to let everything out honestly. My mind didn't feel like it was drowning in thoughts, nor did my body feel like it was struggling to breathe with all the weight on my chest.

Throughout those two weeks I've mastered the courage to finally tell the group my whole story, mostly because I didn't want to keep secrets from them since I knew all of theirs, and also because Sofi had a right to know.

We were all in mine and a Sofi's room sitting on the floor in a circle as I gathered the courage to get it all out. Ethan held my hand and gave me an encouraging look to which I smiled and sighed. It's time I moved on and bettered myself. I need to do this, for past me, present me, and most definitely future me....so I guess here goes nothing.

"I talked to Mr.Grey about this already but I think I should be honest with you guys. You've all confided in me and trusted me with your darkest secrets so it's time I did the same with you guys. So basically my mother died when I was 12 and my father abandoned me at birth though DNA tests showed I was his....." I went deep into detail about everything more than I did with Mr.Grey and they just sat and listened. I hadn't admitted the first man to abuse me was Sofi's father until right now....the end of my spilling. I've managed to not cry the whole time but I knew this will make me shed a tear.

"The...the man to abuse me for the first time was..." hesitantly I spoke as I wiped a tear away before locking eyes with Sofi. It took me a second to built up the courage to say but I forced myself to let it out.

"It was your dad Sofi." I said softly which made her eyes grow rather wide.

"Wh-what?" She asked in a broken voice.

Denial was bound to happen so I pulled my phone out and opened the video that was left at Mr.Greys doorstep. I had him send it to me for proof. After clicking play and sliding the phone to her everyone gathered around her as she watched the video in disbelief. I zoned out watching her face not wanting to hear my own screams and pleading. She looked sick.

"T-that can't be him..." she whispered out which made me grab the phone and slide it to specific part where his face showed clearly.

I slid the phone back to her and she visibly looked scared, angry, disappointed....all the emotions ran through her face. She gagged before running for the bathroom and throwing up. Elena went to comfort me as I let out a shaky breath. It's all out there now. Whatever they chose to do after was up to them. Before I could process everything and another thought could come to mind I was pulled into a tight hug by Ethan.

"I'm proud of you." He said making me slightly smile as my arms hugged him back. I was a little too focused on feeling like shit for Sofi though, I mean to find out the man she admired and trusted with her life turned out to be a disgusting pig couldn't have been easy.

After a bit she came back out and looked at me with sad eyes as I sat there in slight discomfort. Before I knew it she pulled me into a tight hug which I welcomed hugging her back.

"I'm sorry." She said softly making me smile.

"It wasn't your fault, you couldn't of known, and even if you did I doubt you could of done anything." I said reassuring her that she wasn't at fault as I hugged her back tightly.