Awakening Hell || Chapter 39

'Some panics just put you in overdrive.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Third-Person POV:

     Lyla from since her and Luca had that moment in his car couldn't stop thinking about him. Luckily her thoughts about him stopped rather quickly making her ignore the distant feelings she knew she had deep down.

     A month had gone by and her hair was now red making the guys call her cheeto head. She would punch them every time shutting them up temporarily. During that month she had gone on the date she agreed to with Alexander and lost even more interest since he tried to buy and impress her with his money.

     She couldn't help but notice rich men were all assholes who thought money was everything. That date definitely made her more sure of her decision. Lyla was now sitting on her bed scrolling on her phone when Sofi's phone started to ring. It was about 3:00 in the afternoon on a weekday after school.

"SOFI YOUR PHONE!" Lyla shouted as she got up walking to Sofi's phone and watching it ring.

"COMING!" Lyla picked the phone up from Sofi's nightstand and saw it said 'Daddy.' When she came out of the bathroom Lyla handed it to her and sat on Sofi's bed.

"Is that daddy or Daddy?" Lyla teased making Sofi roll her eyes.

"Actual daddy shut up." Lyla started laughing as Sofi answered and went into her closet.

     Lyla got onto her own bed since Sofi's side of the room was giving her vertigo.

"You're coming?! Wait you're already here?!" Sofi squeal as she rapidly ran to her vanity fixing herself up.

"Okay I'll be down in a minute, I want you to meet my new bestie." Sofi nodded after he said something and hung up with a bright smile on her face.

     This is the fastest Lyla has ever seen Sofi get ready which was sort of funny to her. Sofi grabbed Lylas hand and dragged her to Mr.Abraham's office before she could even process. Right when they were about to go into the office a voice Lyla knew to well stopped them making them turn around.

"Is that my baby?"

"Daddy!" Sofi ran up to him and he hugged her tightly. His eyes met Lylas making her instantly freeze not being to feel anything anymore. Her blood practically ran cold the moment she heard his voice.

"I missed you so much..." he said still hugging Sofi as he smirked Lylas way with that nasty glint in his eyes.

'Am I dreaming?!' She screamed in her head feeling her mouth dry up.

"This is Lyla, my new roomie and best friend." Sofi spoke after pulling back.

"Lovely to meet you Lyla." He said with an innocent smile as he gave her a hug that made her body fill up with disgust. He discreetly kissed her neck making her clench her hands next to her body fighting back tears.

"L-likewise." She faked a smile when he pulled away.

"I have to go and meet with Mr.Grey, so I'll go do that while you two catch up." Lyla smiled and Sofi smiled back as she nodded. Once they were walking into the office Lyla made a run for it.

     She couldn't breathe, she couldn't feel her body, she couldn't stop her heart from hammering in her chest so loudly, she couldn't even see clearly anymore. All she knew was to run, run somewhere where he won't get to her. When she saw Mr.Grey's office she opened the door and closed it locking it one time and leaning her back against squeezing the doorknob.