Missing Piece || Chapter 123

'Live life.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

A week later...

     A week...a dreadful week of us constantly breaking down and losing hope the longer our baby was missing for went by. Luca tried to be strong for the both of us but I always held him and reassured him it was okay to cry. Everyone around us helped us stay strong but it was so hard to not think of the worst. Currently Luca was asleep after a long and dreadful sleepless night as I caressed his head. Someone rung the doorbell which sadly woke him up.

"I'll get it." I spoke placing a kiss on his forehead but he shook his head. We were basically going through the motions lately.

     We went downstairs hoping for great news but sadly it was just my in laws dropping by to check in. The disappointment on my face couldn't be more noticeable. Life has been so miserable lately.

"Hey, how are you guys holding up?" Mr.Grey spoke as he gave us both a hug and walked in. Luca's mother just smiled as she followed Mr.Grey inside.

"I'll get the tea." I spoke lowly towards Luca before disappearing towards the kitchen and silently breaking down.

     The thought of someone harming our baby killed me every time, but what hurt me even more was the hope I felt when the doorbell would sound turning into disappointment the moment I answered it. After getting myself together for the most part, I grabbed the tray that had everything on it and headed towards the living room where Luca and his parents sat across each other.

     After placing the tray down everyone served themselves and as the spoke Luca tightly held my hand grounding me. I knew he knew I was crying but thankfully he didn't speak on it. The conversation dragged out but I just zoned out staring at our hands that held each other.

"So what have you been up to Lyla? It must be hard losing your baby." My eyes locked with Mrs.Grey's own but I just started blankly at her.

"Mother." Luca warned to which she just shrugged.

"I haven't asked anything wrong nor inappropriate, I just don't see how a mother can lose a child in her own home." My eyes welled up with tears but I blinked them away looking towards the ground.

"That's not very nice." Mr.Grey spoke.

"I'm just saying how could she be so careless and leave the door unlocked like that?" My brows furrowed before I looked up towards her just in time to see her take a sip of her tea and place the cup down.

"W-what did you just say?" I questioned.

"How could you be such a careless woman and leave the door unlocked? Luca could have gotten hurt, and due to your carelessness now my grandson is missing!" I stared in blankness.

"How did you know the door was unlocked?" Luca asked before I could get it out. Her face grew pale as if she just noticed what she was saying beforehand.

"No one but the police knew that the door was unlocked." Luca spoke getting out of his seat.

"I-You must of told me, yeah exactly you must of slipped up and told me."

"When?" I asked. Her phone started ringing and when the name registered in my mind I glanced her way before grabbing the phone and answering the incoming call.

"How long is this going to take?! I can't take this any longer! This baby won't shut up no matter what I do!" Sasha's voice rung in my ear with the sound of my baby crying in the background. Tears filled my eyes before I looked up towards Luca's mother and then towards Luca. My breathing was erotic and I was on the verge of a breakdown.

"Hello?!" Sasha pressed on after ranting the whole time she's been on the line though I had mostly tuned her out. My shaking hands nearly dropped the phone but Luca grabbed it. Seconds after he did his face hardened.

"You're dead Sasha." In a cold tone Luca spoke before hanging up and turning his burning enraged gaze towards his mother.

"Where's my son?"

"I-I don't k-know what you speak of." Luca took a step close towards her not removing his gaze.

"I'll ask you again, where is my son?"

"I-I..." she stammered yet nothing came out. My tears streamed down my cheeks hating it all.

     The guilt she had brought up along with her being behind it all. After the baby was taken it was revealed that the back door was open, I thought it was my fault seeing as how I opened it to throw something outside but this whole time it turns out she was behind it.

"I'm not the kind of man who'll hit a woman, but if you don't tell me where Sasha is with my son right now I swear to god I'll murder you with my bare hands." I visibly saw her swallow hard as fear appeared all over her face. The cold manner in which Luca had spoken even gave me chills.

"S-she's at the first apartment we lived in when we had first arrived." Not sparing a minute Luca rushing my grabbed his keys as I rushed behind him hand in hand.

     What was supposed to be an hour drive turned into a 10 minute drive with Luca speeding through the city. We made sure to call the police on the way there but the moment we arrived I saw Sasha closing the backseat door to her car and rushing for the drivers side. Before Luca could even fully stop the car I immediately got out and rushed for her tackling her towards the ground and giving her a well deserved beating.

     It took about two officers to get me off but I didn't care. The rage I felt was like no other. I was panting out of breath but when I saw Luca holding our baby with a face of relief I felt complete again. Our missing piece was back and I couldn't be happier. Rushing to Luca's side I hugged him crying my eyes out the moment he placed our baby boy in my arms.

_____

One more chapter😪.

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Thoughts?