Freaking || Chapter 106

'Hi' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

It was now late into the night and I couldn't seem to fall asleep. For some reason I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, and to add onto that I for some reason felt like I was being watched. Luca was fast asleep in bed next to me; and though when he fell asleep he was holding me, gradually as the night progressed he turned his back to me though that didn't bother me much.

Sitting up in bed my eyes roamed around the room, and though I didn't see anything that feeling just never left. My eyes then fixed on Luca and I smiled seeing how adorable he looked as he slept. Deciding I should get some sleep my eyes roamed the room once more before I laid back down and closed my eyes.

Not long after closing my eyes a sound of things falling came from the closet and immediately my eyes opened. I thought I'd imagined it but another chaotic sound rung and I shot up in bed shaking Luca awake.

"What's wrong?" In his sleepy deep toned voice he asked.

"There was a sound from the closet." I spoke still not taking my eyes off the closet door that was slightly agape.

"Huh?" He asked still mostly asleep.

"Luca get up!" I shouted to which immediately he got up.

I felt bad for yelling seeing as how this was a me issue but I was scared if I'm being honest. Luca got out of bed and turned the lights to our room on. We both slightly winced at the brightness but Luca just opened the closet door like nothing and flicked the closet lights on. I understood that he was still mostly asleep but that was just purely reckless.

My body trembled as I got out of bed and quickly made my way to Luca. I peeked from his side after being right behind him. My eyes landed on a mess of things on the floor that had fallen from the top shelf of the closet and onto the floor. Along with that some bins filled with sheets and decore were also all over the floor.

"See it's just the bins baby." He spoke in a tired and calm tone as he then stacked them up nicely once again though still mostly asleep.

"How did they fall?" I asked mostly to myself still looking around until my eyes landed on the vent. Nothing seemed off about it so my eyes continue to scan around the closet, but nothing seemed out of place.

"I don't know Lyla maybe it was unbalanced." He spoke tiredly not seeming to care much to acknowledge the situation.

"How? We haven't touched it in how long? How could they have gotten unbalanced? And what about the things on the top shelf? How did that fall?" I folded my arms over my chest and Luca just looked tired and ready to go back to bed.

"I don't know baby, maybe one of the screws came undone." He walked past me leaving the walk-in closet space but I had a sinking feeling that wasn't it.

"How could a screw had come undone like that? We've been here for how long now? This hasn't happened before so why now? And the shelf looks perfectly fine." Throughout my ranting I was by the door of the closet still facing inside trying to figure out how it had happened.

     When I turned around to face Luca I was pointing towards the un intact shelf only to be disappointed when I saw Luca already fast asleep. I got that he was mostly asleep throughout this whole thing but I won't lie it did upset me. I guess I was standing in the closet stunned for a while seeing how Luca was already tucked into bed and everything.

     My mind found itself racing thinking about sleeping in the guest room but Luca was probably right...I was maybe just reading into things like usual. It felt different though; I didn't feel like I was just imagining what happened. It bothered me more that Luca just dismissed me rapidly.