His Recap || Chapter 85

'We all need a different perspective at times.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lucas' POV:

     From the moment I held her and took in her scent I couldn't hold back my feelings. Throughout that month of her being missing I was losing my mind. The fear of never seeing her again, never hearing her voice, never holding her, just everything about her.

     The moment she had stormed out of the classroom after our big fight the urge to run after her was rather high. I wanted to tell her I was sorry and that I didn't mean anything I said; truly though I didn't mean what I said. The anger I felt in that moment for her throwing everything away just like that caused the words to leave in all the wrong ways. Along with that her pulling away from me for most of our relationship and the constant going back to her old ways as well didn't help.

     I understood she wouldn't change over night but the moment we were okay and she was doing better she'll always go back to how she use to be. I wanted her to do better and be the best version of herself always. After work that day I had called Lorenzo and drowned my sorrows in whiskey when I had gotten home. Lorenzo had showed up and joined me as I fought to not cry my heart out like a little bitch. I loved her after all.

     When he had walked in after getting the door I was angry, sad, disappointed, all the emotions ran through me when he placed her keys in my hands. Holding them tightly I found myself crying over them seeing as how she was truly gone in more than one way.

     Sleeping in what was once our bed I had found myself hugging the pillow she once slept on feeling my heart ache. Taking in her scent, all the memories we made in my house was too much to bare honestly. When she didn't show for class the following day I thought she just needed space but that was until Sofi had came to me panicking.

     She showed me the message Lyla had left her and knowing Lyla she would never say such things. I tried calling her and texting but it all went unanswered. When her phone was tracked down it was found dumped in some bushes near the road growing my anxiety. My memories went back to how weird she'd been acting since the hospital so I asked if I could borrow her phone.

     If Lyla was acting weird it had to be because of something. After going through it I finally found what she had been keeping from me. I thought we were a team so her hiding this from me was shocking. I remembered how she would always tell me to not stress and then it had hit me.

     Lyla didn't tell me because she was worried I'll get overwhelmed once again and end up in the hospital. I had them track Ryan's phone but we didn't find anything and after that I had just completely lost hope.

     Lorenzo always tried to comfort me but I couldn't rest or relax until I had her in my arms like I do now. From the moment I held her Lyla attached to me not letting me go. I wasn't complaining though, I felt the same way. From the moment we landed Lyla didn't want anybody else but me which was a comforting thought.

     After about a week of being with me she told me she was ready to sleep in her dorm which I wasn't buying. Her nightmares had started back up and every night she would wake up out of her dreams screaming before breaking down in my arms.

     It was draining for the both of us but I rather be drained than not having her in my arms or knowing where she was. I would sometimes wake up to her climbing onto me hugging and straddling me while I slept which made me smile. Another week had passed and I would always text Sofi to see how she was doing. She told me Lyla was still waking up screaming but that she seemed a little better with the passing days.

     After work today I decided to use the excuse of bringing Lyla all the work she missed to see her. When she opened the door she smiled and stepped aside allowing me access. As soon as she closed the door I didn't have time to do anything before she jumped me and kissed me making my arms go around her waist to ensure she doesn't fall. I chuckled against her lips seeing how much she missed me. Same here princess.

"I brought your work." I told her when we pulled back. She rolled her eyes but smiled. I could tell she wasn't okay but I wanted her to open up to me and not force her.

"I got you something else." With a smile I kissed her to which she raised a brow.

     After walking us to her bed and setting her down to sit I sat next to her and pulled her ring out placing it on her finger. Lyla smiled and her eyes got glossy before she kissed me.

"Thank you." She hugged me and buried her face in my neck.

"I also brought you this." We pulled back and I gently placed the keys in her hands.

"I thought we broke up..." she said sadly and I frowned slightly.

"I could never leave you Lyla, I was just upset and the words came out the wrong way." She nodded before smiling and kissing me deeply which I reciprocated.

"I love you Luca." She said softly against my lips making me smile.

"And I love you Lyla." Her smile brightened before she kissed me.

     Lyla got on my lap straddling me as her arms rested on my shoulders and wrapped around my neck to play with my hair as she pulled me closer moving her waist. She moaned which I reciprocated. I placed my things down on the floor next to the bed and grabbed her waist before turning us around me now hovering over her as our lips slowly kissed.

"Luca..."

"Shit I'm sorry..." it was instinct for me to just turn us over which was why it happened. I didn't want to pressure her into doing anything she wasn't ready for.

"No that's not it. I wanted to ask you for a favor..." my brows furrowed in confusion before she continued.

     Her hands slid from my bicep to my chest where she allowed her palms to rest flat. Her eyes looked at the ring on her finger as she genuinely smiled. I found myself admiring her pretty face and beautiful smile.

"Can we make love?" Her eyes slowly met mines and I smiled.

"Lyla are you sure?" I asked caressing her cheek with one hand.

     A smile formed on my lips seeing her close her eyes and lean into my touch as she softly smiled. Lyla opened her eyes slowly meeting mines. When her eyes opened I admired how beautiful her dark brown eyes were.

"Luca I want you-better yet need you, I need and want you to make me forget those bad memories like you did before." She frowned placing her hands on my cheeks and pulling me down for a soft, slow, and quick kiss.

"Help me forget Luca..." she said softly looking into my eyes. I found myself nodding with a soft smile.

     I'll do anything for her.

_____

'Pretty pretty pretty pretty please~ Joker 🃏'

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Vote and comment🤗.