Tired? || Chapter 96

'Not everyone likes to accept they're wrong.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Third-Person POV:

     Lyla found herself asking the guys for advice and they all watched her like she was crazy.

"How did you think you were in the right?" Jay asked and she frowned.

"It's not like I didn't invite him everywhere." Lyla retorted.

"Lyla he came here for you and you've been putting him off, the fact that he didn't blow up on you sooner is impressive." Justin added. Lyla started thinking and she always knew deep down she was the one who was in the wrong.

"Fuck I'm such an ass." She said with a sigh.

"And acting like the victim wasn't cool." Ethan added walking out. She felt like shit since now everyone was against her and the way she treated Luca. Lyla felt even like shit.

     Grabbing her phone after the guys left she called Luca. At first he didn't feel like answering her but he had had some time to cool off which was why he answered.

"Did you leave?" Sadly Lula asked into the phone.

"No flights are available until early morning." Luca spoke back bitterly still upset.

"Don't go....please...." She felt tears stream down her cheeks as she spoke to him.

"Lyla we can't keep fighting over the same thing over and over again." He spoke tiredly.

"I know...but can we at least talk before making decisions?" He sighed but agreed.

     Luca had came back but left his things in the car. The second he came in Lyla smiled sadly as she wiped her face. He sat down next to her on the sofa in the room waiting for her to speak.

"I didn't want to believe I was in the wrong but after hearing and reflecting on my actions I realized I was too out of line. I played the victim and tried to turn things around which was extremely wrong on my part, along with all that I've also just been giving the group my undivided attention forgetting about how much this change was going to affect you. You came here so far for me and I've been a total jerk just thinking about my feelings and not yours.." she grabbed his hands and he finally met her eyes.

"I'm sorry Luca."

"Lyla we can't keep doing this. One minute we're fine with the situation and the next we're not. I apologize for how the conversation went since I wanted to sit down and talk with you but you can't keep telling me you want us to work and then act like all that matters is your freedom and experiencing the world." He spoke retrieving his hands away from her touch slowly.

"I know, and I promise to do better. You came here to spend time with me and that's what we're going to do. Putting myself in your shoes I would of been upset as well if I had traveled just to spend time with you but you were doing your own thing. I promise to divide my attention evenly and be more cool headed. If I'm being honest I didn't want to spend much time with you because I knew it meant that we were making memories for when we couldn't anymore and it hurt to think about the love of my life not being near me like that anymore. I...I think the real reason behind my negligence towards you was because I...you will be the hardest goodbye I'd have to say and I didn't want to say goodbye. Us spending loads of time together meant...that our days were numbered and I didn't want to accept it." She sadly spoke and he sighed pulling her in for a hug.

"Lyla I'm also struggling with the change we're going to be making but us making memories will make it easier to cope with being away from each other. Imagine not spending time together and going off. We'd feel so disconnected that the distance would make it even worst." Lyla nodded against his chest. Pulling back she looked up at him and cupped his face.