Vogue Girl || Chapter 52

'Detaching isn't always the answer though you might feel like it is.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

Making my way back to my room after leaving Lucas office I slowly came to a halt when I noticed Ryan flagging me down. He came up to me and I smiled walking with him by my side.

"Hey trouble." I laughed slightly at the name though it's been a minute since I've been in actual trouble.

"Hi bike boy." He smirked at my nickname for him.

"What'd you want to talk about?" He asked making me realize I totally spaced on that subject.

"How about I meet you by the benches after I change?" He agreed and I made my way to my room where I saw an unknown face sitting amongst the girls.

"Oh finally you're here!" Sofi said with a huge smile. I faked a smile and closed the door behind me.

"This is Paola Sánchez, she just got here. Can you believe she was on the fucking cover of vogue's magazine?!" I faked a smile went to my side of the room.

"Nice meeting you I'm Lyla, I need to get going though I'm meeting with Ryan." I said grabbing a pair of sweats and a big shirt along with some underwear to shower.

"Oh my god I met him! He's such a sweetheart!" Paola said making me just nod. Of course she met him.

"I need the both of you to stay away from him." Sofi said making me roll my eyes and going to take a shower. Once out of the dorm room and on my way downstairs I felt like pure shit.

Luca was going to be alone with her for about two or three hours after school every day. If she was ugly I'll feel better but she was drop dead gorgeous. She had a black curly afro, small cute slim nose, long lashes with brown almond shape eyes, high cheekbones, light clear unmarked brownish skin, and plumped pink lips. How the fuck was I going to compete with that?! She was on the fucking cover of vogue! What the hell could she have done to even be in here?! Yeah I have definitely lost Luca and they haven't even met.

"What's wrong?" Ryan asked when I sat on the bench. I smiled to cover up my hurt.

"I'm fine honestly, just tired." I laughed slightly and he smiled.

"What'd you want to ask?"

"We never really talked about why you're here or anything and I was curious if that's okay." He smiled though I could see his eyes slightly darken if even possible.

"I got caught dealing, on top of that I had a record for gang violence and what not." I nodded slowly getting a gut feeling. He was lying, not fully but he was hiding something.

"Oh cool." I said nodding with a smile which he returned.

"Can we talk about us?" He asked making me mind go straight to Luca and my broken heart.

"What about us?" I asked with my face scrunched up in confusion.

"What are we?"

"We're friends no?" I was honestly confused.

"I thought maybe we could be more than that." Oh.

"Oh....I'm honestly not looking for a boyfriend if I'm being honest." I said with a soft smile.

"Are you and Mr.Grey together?"

"God no, I can't even stand the guy why would we date? Plus students and teachers dating is a no no." I said looking at him with a bored expression. I should be an actor because what the fuck. Technically though I wasn't lying, we aren't really together but we're not..not together if it makes sense. Situationship if you will.

"It's just I've seen him drop you off late into the night so I was just curious." I nodded slowly taking in his words.

"When we're studying we lose track of time so that's why." He nodded once again. God I hope he was buying this.

"Cool, anyways you want to get some ice cream or chill by the bleachers after eating?" I smiled and thanked god he wasn't making it awkward that I rejected him.

"Sure." I smiled and with that we set off. We were on the bleachers looking at the pinkish orange sky watching the sun set for the day.

"I could watch this all day." I said in such a daze to which he chuckled.

"Same." I turned my head to look at him just to find his eyes on me with a boyish smile. I smiled shaking my head before my gaze went back to the sky.

The sky slowly turned dark and before I knew it we were looking at the big bright stars in the sky. A text came through making me glance at it seeing it was Sofi asking if everything was good. I looked at the time and it was around 10:00 almost 11:00pm making me realize we've been out here for a good while.

"I should get going." I said as I got up.

"I'll walk you."

"No it's fine, the female dorms are all the way on the other side from yours I'll be okay, I'll text you when I get there." He tried to object but I ended up convincing him. On my walk my phone rang and it was Luca. With a sigh I answered it.

"Hey, I've been calling you." He spoke through the phone. A wind blew sending chills down my spine.

"Sorry I had it muted."

"Are you okay? You sound sad." I smiled as I kept walking.

"I'm just tired."

"Are you outside?"

"Yeah, I'll text you whenever I get to the room."

"Okay..." with that I hung up. I didn't like being cold towards him but I couldn't help it. I needed to detach from him.

Once in my room the girls were still all there along with Ms.Vogue cover.

"I texted you why didn't you respond?" Sofia asked slightly angered.

"Phone was on mute." God I feel so tired. I sat on my bed after closing the door and taking my shoes off.

"I like your hair, you look like the American flag." Paola said with a laugh. Everyone laughed and I just looked at her with a bored and tired face.

"Isn't she hilarious?!" Sofi said laughing her ass off. It wasn't even that funny but okay. More like bullying.

"I'm calling it a night." I said laying down and going under the covers. Everyone agreed it was late and went to their rooms.

Great; just perfect.

_____

Aww🥺

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Vote and comment🥳😋.