After Math || Chapter 108

'Life'~ Thunder.

_____

Third-Person POV:

In the process of her screaming Lyla had gotten off of luca and sat on her side of the bed pulling the sheets to cover her trembling body. Luca was pretty much in shock and still had his hands positioned in the way they were when he was guiding Lyla to please him. Snapping out of the shock immediately concern took over. He sat up in bed and looked towards Lyla who was pretty much tensed.

"L-Lyla what's wrong?" A very startled and confused Luca asked still trying to piece together what had happened.

"I-I saw someone." Her eyes stayed trained on the vent and when Luca touched her arm she jumped in freight.

"What do you mean you saw someone?" Luca didn't touch her after she jumped not wanting her to freak out even more.

"Lu-Luca the vents I-I saw someone I'm not crazy!" Luca worriedly watched her.

"Baby...are you sure this isn't because of what happened with Ryan?" Luca caressed some hair away from her face and Lyla smacked his hand away feeling angry.

"Luca I'm not crazy I know what I saw!"

"Okay, okay, there's no need to get angry baby, I'll check it out it's fine." With a soft sigh Luca got out of bed and changed back into his clothes.

Looking back at a freaked out Lyla who had her eyes still trained on the vent and body trembling Luca felt guilty for trying to reason. He knew Lyla would never make things up but he also knew the news shook her along with causing changes in her. Luca went to Lylas side of the bed and gave her a kiss on the head.

"I love you.." softly and reassuringly he spoke looking deep into her eyes.

Lyla relaxed slightly and nodded before telling him she loved him. Luca grabbed the weapon he had hidden inside of the bedside table and decided to go and look around the house. Not seeing anyone Luca checked the outside along with the vent entrances but didn't see any discrepancies so with a sigh of relief he went inside. For extra measures the cameras were checked by him and after not seeing anyone he felt relieved before concern took over.

In his mind if he didn't see anyone that meant Lyla was probably hilusinating and seeing things like before, which meant she was spiraling which of course was cause for concern. After checking everything was locked along with the front door Luca went upstairs where he found Lyla hurriedly getting dressed.

"Lyla where are you going?" Confusingly Luca questioned.

"N-nowhere I just...Luca I'm losing it." She admitted feeling broken and defeated. Luca placed the gun on the night stand and walked up to her pulling her in for a tight embrace.

"I know he did horrible things to you but Lyla I'm here to protect you, he can't touch you." Lyla sniffed and nodded feeling tears streaming down her face.

She started wondering if she was just imagining things but the image was so vivid she felt she wasn't. Putting Luca through such a stressful time was killing her but she didn't know how to control her trauma. The images of everything that had happened along with the underwear incident, Lyla found it hard to believe she was going just hallucinating.

"I need to make a call, will touch be okay?" She sniffed and nodded before going to sit on the bed. Luca came towards her and kissed the top of her head before grabbing his cellphone and going into the closet.

"Hey..." Lucas faint voice sounded in Lyla's ears. Luca knew Lyla wouldn't feel safe if she had to sleep in their house so he decided to call Lorenzo.

"Sorry for the late call but I need a favor.."Luca spoke into the phone.

"What's up?" Lorenzo asked.

"It's Lyla...she's a little on edge and I was wondering if we could crash at your place for a little bit..just until she feels better.."

Lyla slowly pieced that he was talking to Lorenzo. She felt bad about the whole situation since she didn't want to intrude, but she knew it wasn't up for debate if Luca had already made his mind up. Luca didn't know if she was spiraling out but he'd rather be safe than sorry.

"You should know better than to even have to ask," Lorenzo laughed slightly before continuing.

"I already told you mi casa es su casa." Luca rolled his eyes but slightly smiled.

"You are a life savor, I owe you one." Luca spoke.

"Don't mention it, see you guys in a bit."

"Thanks, we'll be over in a few." After hanging up Luca quickly grabbed two duffels and started packing things they'll need. He placed a bunch of clothing items since he didn't know how long they'll be gone but he knew if they needed anything he'll get it in an instant.

"Are you ready?" Luca asked as he came out of the closet setting the bags down by the door.

Lyla nodded as she watched Luca switch shirts and pants. Luca and Lyla found themselves before Lorenzo's door in about 15 minutes and Lyla mentally prepared herself to place a brave face on. After Luca had rang the doorbell Lyla placed a smile on her lips trying to seem okay.

The moment the door opened and Lorenzo saw her he knew she wasn't okay. Lorenzo had looked at Luca who had slightly shaken his head though it wasn't obvious to Lyla. He was basically warning Lorenzo to not say anything which was why Lorenzo just smiled and welcomed them in.

After a bit of chatting and minimum conversation from Lyla she excused herself to the room where they were going to reside in. Lyla sat on the edge of the comfortable bed deep in thought. She sat in the pin drop silent room replaying the events that had occurred over and over again feeling like she was losing her mind.

Lyla's face made contact with the palm of her hands once she had brought them up to her face. She lowly started crying failing to notice the eyes of an individual. Estrella was by the door which she had opened without warning but froze once she saw Lyla crying. She overheard Lorenzo and Luca speaking about how rough it's been for her and not wanting to add to that Estrella slowly and quietly exited the room closing the door one time before knocking.

At the sound of the knock Lyla immediately wiped her face off and cleared her throat before permitting access to whoever for her knowledge was there.

"Come in!" The door slowly opened and when Lyla saw Estrella she slightly smiled. Estrella on the other hand gave Lyla a bright smile and though she tried to play it off, Lyla could tell she knew about the recent events.

"Hey..why are you locked in here?" Estrella asked as she sat down next to Lyla. The bed sunk under her weight as she sat but Lyla really just wanted to be alone with her thoughts.

"Just here.." Estrella hummed at Lyla's words as she slowly nodded in acknowledgment.

"I know what'll cheer you up." Estrella beamed brightly.

With that she left the room and Lyla sat waiting. She wanted to forget the things in her mind but that was definitely not happening.

_____

~

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Vote and comment🥰.