The Rain || Chapter 17

'Sometimes some rain is all you need to see clearly.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

     Today was another stupid day of dealing with school and I was thankful it came to an end. The day ended and I threw on a regular black shirt and my ripped black jeans. Grabbing my keys and phone I headed out to met with Ryan who greeted me with a big hug and an apple, my favorite weapon.

     I laughed though I felt slightly sad my feelings for him stopped. He was nice and charming but I couldn't help but not see him in that light.

"Hi pretty lady."

"Hey lad." I laughed remembering 'lad' from Mr.Greys class, at least I learned something he should be proud.

"Joy ride?" Raising a brow Ryan asked.

"Only if it comes with detention." I said and he laughed. I knew we'll get detention.

"It definitely will." We headed off and got ice cream then went for a walk.

     He was too good to be true making me feel even guiltier. It started raining and he gave me his jacket so I could keep warm during our walk. On the way back to campus the rain began to pour like crazy making his bike slide on the road when we turned. We had almost gotten into an accident with a car coming making both the car and us pull over. With my luck of course Mr.Grey came out of the nice expensive car with an umbrella.

"Of course it's you two." He said rolling his eyes. Bastard. Can't believe I found him handsome. Actually I still do I'm just pissed.

"Your car is fine and we're fine so you can head on." I said crossing my arms.

"Don't be ridiculous." He said and rolled his eyes once again making me scowl at him.

"I'll take you two back to campus."

"What about my motorcycle?" Ryan asked.

"You can drive back if you want, but there's no way in hell I'm letting her go with you." He spoke still with one hand in his pocket and the other holding the umbrella as he eyed us.

"I'm not going with you." I retorted to which he got angry but quickly hid it.

"So you'd rather die?" He raised a brow.

"I don't have anything to live for anyways." I unfolded my arms and shrugged.

"Ms.Valentine I'm not playing with you, you're either going to get in willingly or by force I don't care." He was dead serious as well.

"It's fine; you should go Lyla, I'll be fine. I'll call you when I'm back okay?" I sighed before taking his jacket off and giving it back to him.

"Don't forget to text me, and be safe will you?" He smiled and nodded before kissing my cheek and getting on his bike heading back to campus.

"Hurry up." Mr.Grey said making me want to just make us crash on the way back. I got in and he went to his trunk for something. Is he going to kill me? He might I mean I'm always getting on his nerves.